Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Snuggles
4,369 Posts
This is a tough decision here. Get my ass kicked or collect $200. Let me think... I could use a good ass-kickin', I'll be very honest with you... nah, I think I'll just go with the two hundred.

·
Snuggles
4,369 Posts
I'm pretty sure it was during and just before WWII. I remember reading that after WWI, and after Europe decided to allow Germany to build back up, all war planning was geared towards the theory of the US attacking Europe.

I also read several stories about French military being...well, less than charming when the US arrived in France during WWII. There were a bunch of stories from soldiers telling how the French military would freely let the US military how they were doing everything wrong.

Realistically, both countries thrive on using stereotypes to classify each society. We are the dumb, fat Americans, and they are the smelly surrender-monkeys.

·
Snuggles
4,369 Posts
The US/French mudslinging has been around way before the Gulf Wars. Most of the Barbs thrown originate from military issues. The French didn’t handle the Vietnam problem very well in the beginning which lead to several jokes on our military’s side, and I believe resulted in us getting involved. Germany’s involvement in WWII was directly related to Europe, specifically France, refusing to take a harder line on limiting Germany’s power after WWI. Than there was the French and Indian War…which for some reason we get blamed for the treatment of Indians, but France is let off the hook…odd.

But as far as stereotypes go, France will always be the snooty jackasses and the US will be the arrogant bastards. Plenty of jokes to go around on both sides of the fence.

I built a few Mirage jet models when I was a kid. That and the A10 Warthog were some of the more fun models to put together.

·
Snuggles
4,369 Posts
Kenneth, you have to understand where Seruzawa and myself are coming from. Yes, we/I believe Bush has screwed things up rather well. I don't think either of us voted for him on either election (I know I didn't). But, the fact is Clinton set the stage for where we are at currently and Bush just decided to crank it up to 11 when he got here. Neither was/is a good president (both have a LOT of blood on their hands), and until people stop voting for the two main parties, we will continue to have drunken fishermen stearing this ship.

Pretty much the motto is: Hate Republicans, Loathe Democrats.

P.S.
If I could find a way to move this thread to a "political" section of the forum, I would. Just can't figure it out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts