Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
No need for those pesky unions here, just look at Wal*Mart, they get by just fine without them. They even offer retirement and health and dental benifits to all full time employees, of course almost everyone there is part time and don't qualify but what the hell, it gives them something to hope for. They even support volunteerism, if by some chance your hours approach that inconvienient union won 40 hour work week, why just clock out and get back to work on your own time...that coupled with the "don't get sick" medical plan and the "take time off and you're fired" vacation plan makes for a model of Capitolism we all should be proud of.

I know if it wasn't for that darn union I belong to taking 0.53% of my wages every month to pay for some fat cat's Lincoln and doing nothing except negotiating an excellent medical, dental, retirement and wage package for me and my union brothers that I'd probably make TWICE as much just by asking for it, I mean the company I work for is making record profits based on building the worlds leading aircraft space and defence products....I'm sure they'd treat us to the same generous bonus's upper managment gets because we're nice guys too.

If only those blood sucking unions would quit interfering..............
I think Seru was referring to public employees unions.

You actually do something. Sometimes.....

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
I know, I was just being froggy (ahem)

so...........what happened with the real estate betty? I was in an 8 hr. CPR/First Aid class yesterday and my kids and their little thug boyfriends were on the computor at home
We're having lunch together on Friday.

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
>... a society controlled by unions. No jobs for the young. No hope.

What is it that is wrong with the unions? If you had unions with some control you'd have 5 week vacations like the people in other industrialized countries. Apart from France, where they use the 35 hr working week to get 9 week vacations. You don't think you deserve a decent vacation? Remeber we only go round once Seruzawa.

If the thinking is that unions empowerish the countries, look at Europe and its mega strong currency. Why is that when Renault talks about a merger with GM, its the frenchies who have the power position (answ: because their business is successful). Look at BMW M3 with its new light weight F1 style V8 in M3 that revs to 8,300 RPM. All developed and built by union guys with long vacations. And health care. And generous unemployment benefits should they ask their boss to f-off.

You can blame the unions all you want, but then, why are countries with stronger unions doing better?

- cruiz-euro
Once again I think a distinction was drawn between public employee unions and other unions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts