1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Linkies no worky. Want to see bike!

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
I know. I put them up on Google+ and tried to link from there, but I must be doing something wrong.

However, Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums doesn't have any issues displaying photos (even though they use the same forum engine MO does). So you can see them here:

And now for something completely different... - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Actually, they don't display unless you're a forum member.

See, this is why liberals can't govern! :p

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Not a forum member? What the heck does that mean? By God I was on MO when it was 2400 baud modems and green phosphor text!

I'm watching Claude Rains slowly poison Ingrid Bergman in "Notorious.". She just figured it out when Alex grabbed her cup away from another stinking Nazi who was going to take a sip
I was talking about the pics you put on the Strom forum. You're 0-for-2.

Ingrid Bergman. Yum. They don't make 'em like that anymore.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
The engine is much, much smoother than the Vee. That also makes sense since it has double the cylinders for virtually the same displacement; and it's axiomatic that the more power pulses per rotation, the smoother the engine.
Well, my Sporty vibrates more than my Bandit, but the Bandit's four gives a higher frequency "buzz" that's annoying and numbing. The twin's lower-frequency vibration isn't at all unpleasant. It's not the vibration itself, but the nature of the vibration that's important. Sounds like the Honda four is OK in that department, though.

The fuel mileage is a big question at this point. I picked the bike up "Full," but the reserve warning started blinking at 105 miles. It's a 3.9 gallon tank, so that would mean it's only getting around 25mpg. I'm hoping that either the dealer put just enough gas in it to show "Full" on the gauge, or the engine is still very tight and using more gas than normal.
First thing I do with any bike is fill the tank, set the tripmeter to zero, ride it until either it hits reserve or the light comes on, then fill it up again. The tripmeter reading tells me my range, then divide the reading by the gallons of gas I just put in to get the mileage. Reset the tripmeter every fill-up. The fuel light is my redundancy. And my, do I love when I hit 50 mpg, with sh!tty ethanol, no less

Already thousands of virgin carnaubas have died to preserve this bike, many thousands more have yet to make the ultimate sacrifice. But they will, because they know their death will have meaning.
I may be wrong, but I thought that EPA-mandated sh!tty paint needs to cure for a couple of months before you first wax it. Urban myth?

Excellent report!

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Schizuki, I think that "cure the paint" maxim was correct back in the day of enamel and lacquer paints. Nowdays with modern paints and oven-baked clearcoats I don't think its true anymore.
I stand corrected.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
It's only paper. Better spend it now while it's still recognized as money, once the economy collapses it'll be worth less then a roll of ultrasoft toilet paper.
Got that right. I'm investing in metals - steel, lead, brass.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.