Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Huge decrease.

When I went from sport bike to a standard my rate fell by 75%. I insure with USAA. They have some of the best rates and best coverages. You made a great choice in bikes. Good luck and good riding.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Ultra violet damage.

A couple things I've found about early waxing; you can keep the plastic headlight covers clear for years. Also metal like the leading edge of forks, polished wheels, chrome all benefit from regular waxing.
A clean macine is a happy machine. I wouldn't look to determine actual gas mileage until after the break in period. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Glad to hear it.

JMD: if you're over 6'1" it's probably too small, but if you're 6' or under, I think you'd reaaly like it. I'm just under 6' and it fits me to a "tee."
Glad you are liking the new CB. I had a CB750 for a time in the 80's and loved it. I am 6' even with a 32 in. Inseam. I sat on the new bike in Long Beach and thought it fit fine. In my mind it is a great all rounder. The geometry looks to be good for backroad windy roads an city riding. I am not keen on highway riding and only do it if absolutely necessary. It should have plenty of power to get you by on the freeway no problem. The fit and finish on your bike are stellar. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Dead on.

Thanks JM.

I am having to get used to no fairing/windscreen on the highway again. Up to about 70 it's fine, above that and it gets a bit much. There's a few fairings on that Japan website that would fix it, but I really hate to mess with the clean layout of the bike as it is now. I guess eventually somebody like Memphis Shades will make a removable screen for it.
My roadster has a small speedster screen but it is not enough protection at higher speeds. I rode it up to Death Valley a couple years ago and was blown all over the place. The winds were especially bad that trip. If you can gut it out California Scientific may come out with one. A few friends have them. They are unobtrusive and work very well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.