Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Congradulations K K Ken, new bikes are fun, specially when thy are crate fresh, their seats unsullied by the sweaty asses of lookee-loos and wanna-bes, grips untouched by the great unwashed, (God knows where their hands have been) nary a flake of dust or human detrius to tarnish the lovingly applied factory candy apple paint....Ahh, lucky you my friend. Not only a new bike but the first b*tchin' ass Honda worth owning in a long time....

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
I have to say Ken, the whole "only" 80 hp deal is a red herring. That's more than enough to get you down the road quickly as you pointed out. Very few people are using much more than that on any bike no matter what they think. 140 or 150 HP @ 12k RPM on a litre bike is basically useless because you're not going to get there on the street without some pretty serious risk to life and limb.

Most of the bikes I've owned have been around 100 hp or less and I've still managed to reach some pretty staggering speeds on the street, the rest is just bragging rights at Starbucks. Unless you're on the track you're just not getting into the area of the powerband that's generating that kind of power. If you are you'd better keep your life insurance up to date, your rellies will need it to plant you.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Excellent write up Ken, sounds like the right bike at the right time. Always a good feeling! I feel the same way with my Heritage, fits me like a glove and just the right bike for me now, specially since I'm back in Pirate mode.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
It's only paper. Better spend it now while it's still recognized as money, once the economy collapses it'll be worth less then a roll of ultrasoft toilet paper.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
I'm not ashamed to hide behind a windshield, they may clutter up the lines a little but in this cool and wet climate you're going to suffer without one. Might be a little warm in a more sunny enviroment but I'd get one anyway just to keep from getting blown off the back of the bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.