Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Burnsie, should you:

1-Be the bigger man and say nothing.

2-Dish the dirt and set the record straight.

The aformentioned clause in your severance package prohibiting you from speaking out on these matters notwithstanding (and doesn't that clause work BOTH ways, if vicious rumors are emanating from their direction?), I believe it's fairly obvious that it'd make for MUCH more entertaining reading if you spoke out.

In the end, isn't that your main job now, to make THIS place more readable and more compelling?

That being the case, I believe your choice is clear!

Cough!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
DIRT!! DIRT!! DIRRRRRTTTT!!!

WE WANT THE DIRT! C'mon John, tell us what a slimy ****eball Mitch really is.....

·
Registered
19 Posts
Let's hear it!

Thanks for nothing for the R1150R review, BTW.

Reading (and constantly REreading) it has made waiting for the Black Non-ABS version I put a deposit on last week even MORE painful than it already was.

Oh well hopefully it will prevent buyer's remorse.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Its tempting to dish dirt (a) it would feel good and (b) create a ripple of interest.

On the other hand sometimes it creates more interest to let the others (MB) say what they may and you just repeat that you won't say anything over and over. There's a bit of mystery to that. And, it puts you on a higher plane of respect doesn't it?

But then again in todays world who stays on the higher plane? Some Idealist? Someone trying to "do the right thing?"

I would say: It was a bad situation, you're glad to be where you are and you choose to not say anything more about it.

It's so easy to give free advice that you don't have to live with yourself.

Good Luck Mr. Burns.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I say we take up a collection to pay Burns his severance pay and hear the TRUTH. I met ***** Moehm a couple of years ago at the Dealer News show and he struck me as being the definative example of the terminating aperature of a digestive tract.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Burns! A professional and honest piece on what happened would be a great read. Motorcycling is a relatively small community and we don't share a standard (BS) value set like you would have in an interview with Corporate America. In other words nothing is gained by giving us a generic line of, we didn't see eye to eye so I left crap. You probably like Peter Egan because he is not only a great writer but he writes about what moves him and you can almost take a ride with him when you read his writings. Well, I would venture to guess that most of your readers enjoy the ride we take when we read your bitter little man column. Bottom line is, it fits with your style that you've going to make waves and damned if we don't want to hear the details. Your a writer, we're readers, lets have it!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Burns - I hope you don't think that you took the command of MO to berate us about being whining defeatists and then become one yourself. Don't think about it over the weekend - write! Admit it, we don't read your column because you are a great humanitarian. Let the dirt fly!!!!!

·
Registered
246 Posts
I love you man! No really, I love you in a strictly heterosexual, nonromantic, christian, sort of way. Right now there are four people in the whole world laughing over that lame joke. Anyway, I believe that a man should do whatever he wants to do. That is as long you can get to sleep at night. The first person you'll face every morning and the last last person you'll face every night is yourself. I'd say if you can look at yourself while shaving in the morning you did the right thing.

Dave

·
Registered
242 Posts
I read lots of Motorcycle web sites and I haven't heard any rumors. I don't want to hear any rumors. I don't care about any damn rumors. I don't want MO to become a soap opera site, let's just talk about our love of motorcycling. JB, we love you for who you are and you don't have to worry about defending yourself from rumors. Thank you.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Jesus Christ, er I mean J.B. you sound like my old everything is about me, drama queen, why can't I be loved ex girlfriend............ all things will pass if you just de-pucker yourself, I don't care what you almost rode, ride something - and most of all who the h, e double hockey sticks cares about why you left your old job!

Have a nice day!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.