Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Get a DeLorme atlas for each state and look for the squiggliest roads. Explore. It's always fun to discover things.

There's some nice smooth twisty bits on Route 202/9 somewhere between Rochester and Concord (NH). Can't recall exactly where. You didn't mention Maine, but I like a nice putt around Sebago Lake followed by a swim at the awesome lake beach.

Ski resort areas tend to be the prettiest rides with nice twisties. Explore a few of those. I went to a Britbike show at Sunday River a year or two ago.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
"I use it to get to ski areas in the winter, and it should be great on a bike!"

Hee-hee. Great minds think alike (see below - you beat me to it.)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Concerning beautiful roads.I live in Central NH

and know most of the great roads in NH,VT and Central Me.

If you want to find some get in touch w/me.

I just got back from a ride starting in Concord and following the mountain and valley secondary roads to southern Va.almost to Tn.

Best roads--bar non -are in eastern West Virginia.

Scenery is better than ours.Road conditions

are excellent.

WV. routes 28,250 and 219 are as good as it gets.

US 220 through WV,Md,Pa is also good.

Route 100 in Vt is nice but not in same league.

Kancamangus in NH is too travelled but scenic.

In NH Routes 9,10 and 12 are good in western

part on state.

Route 9 in Vt. is very nice.

Route 6-a scenic byway-in Northern Pa. is wonderful and not heavily travelled.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Stay away from the cliche rides like 1a or the Kancamaugus Highway. The best rides are the county roads like 107 from Deerfield to Laconia, 118 from Warren to Lincoln, nearly any of the small roads in the monadnock, lakes, or Connecticut Valley regions. It all depends how far you want to ride before you get to the great roads. There are hundreds of little rides within an hour of the Mass. border. Or you can take a whole day and see how far you get.

·
Snuggles
4,369 Posts
While we are on the topic of northeast traveling, does anyone know of some good roads in the PA/NJ area?

I'm northeast of Philly near the Jersey border in the New Hope area.

Any fun roads anyone out there could pass along would be great.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.