Motorcycle Forums banner

From Buell to Duc... a story about changes!

11K views 44 replies 20 participants last post by  signit98 
Re: Why is it?

Your insecurity astounds me. Are you really so weak minded and unsure of yourself that you have to validate your decision to ride a 600cc Kawasaki by deriding anything different than what you ride?

I used to think you were stupid. I have figured out that you have prevalent insecurity issues. You're only able to validate your decisions by viewing all other choices as inferior. A secure person makes a decision for a particular situation, and moves on. Your insecurity prevents you from simply accepting your decision; you have to rationalize your decision by

convincing yourself all others are wrong.

If you were secure, you wouldn't care what decisions other people made. You'd be glad that they're happy.

You need help.

Nope. I have 8 motorcycles. 4 dirt bikes, 4 street bikes. Some air cooled, some water cooled. Singles, twins, Hondas, Yamahas, BMWs. None of my bikes have been back in a shop after I've purchased them. I do all maintenance/repair/modification myself. Even have built my own CDI boxes.

Since I was twelve, I've probably owned 20 motorcycles. I worked as a mechanic at a Honda/Yamaha/Suzuki/Kawasaki shop. Back in the late 1970s/early 1980's, hopped up a TON of Kz900/KZ100s. I like I-4's as much as anyone. I used to demo EVERYTHING.

My favorite ride of all time was the 1979 Honda CBX. I-6. The most technologically advanced motorcycle of its day, and it is STILL beautiful. Too bad i was only 18 when it came out, and I was saving for engineering school.

The whole point is that I've ridden everything, and can see benefits and disadvantages to everything I've ridden. Engineers make choices, designers make choices, and CONSUMERS make choices.

To disavow someone's decision is childish and illustrates your security problems. How many different motorcycles have you ridden? Have you ridden a Buell? I have. I liked it. I decided not to buy one, and moved on. My brother has a Buell (one of only a few in Switzerland), and he loves it. Good for him. He's happy.

You wrote a question. However, you were implictly stating that a Buell Firebolt was not in the same class as the Duc 749 or any Japanese 600.

Clearly, they're not in the same class. That's obvious, and why your "question" was meaningless.

A shootout would be futile. A review of each (and letting a reader reach his/her own conclusion) would be more appropriate. A prudent consumer, after reading said reviews, if still interested, would go to the dealer(s) to ride what appeals to him/her.

I may retract my original comment regarding stupidity.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.