Motorcycle Forums banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts
Re: Why is it?

Your insecurity astounds me. Are you really so weak minded and unsure of yourself that you have to validate your decision to ride a 600cc Kawasaki by deriding anything different than what you ride?

I used to think you were stupid. I have figured out that you have prevalent insecurity issues. You're only able to validate your decisions by viewing all other choices as inferior. A secure person makes a decision for a particular situation, and moves on. Your insecurity prevents you from simply accepting your decision; you have to rationalize your decision by

convincing yourself all others are wrong.

If you were secure, you wouldn't care what decisions other people made. You'd be glad that they're happy.

You need help.

Re: Track days = Heroin of the two wheeled junkie

Track day addiction is probably a real chemical addiction to whatever adrenaline, endorphins, or whatever else your body generates during track time. Watch the movie Riding Giants and note how Laird Hamilton, a big wave surfer, gets truly depressed when there are no waves.

Nope. I have 8 motorcycles. 4 dirt bikes, 4 street bikes. Some air cooled, some water cooled. Singles, twins, Hondas, Yamahas, BMWs. None of my bikes have been back in a shop after I've purchased them. I do all maintenance/repair/modification myself. Even have built my own CDI boxes.

Since I was twelve, I've probably owned 20 motorcycles. I worked as a mechanic at a Honda/Yamaha/Suzuki/Kawasaki shop. Back in the late 1970s/early 1980's, hopped up a TON of Kz900/KZ100s. I like I-4's as much as anyone. I used to demo EVERYTHING.

My favorite ride of all time was the 1979 Honda CBX. I-6. The most technologically advanced motorcycle of its day, and it is STILL beautiful. Too bad i was only 18 when it came out, and I was saving for engineering school.

The whole point is that I've ridden everything, and can see benefits and disadvantages to everything I've ridden. Engineers make choices, designers make choices, and CONSUMERS make choices.

To disavow someone's decision is childish and illustrates your security problems. How many different motorcycles have you ridden? Have you ridden a Buell? I have. I liked it. I decided not to buy one, and moved on. My brother has a Buell (one of only a few in Switzerland), and he loves it. Good for him. He's happy.

Re: Yer holdin' out on us!

Didn't get it yet, any day now. I had to make some changes so the Dyna fell through. I am getting a Thruxton though, that should still work out.

'Far as kickin' me out, you'll have to catch me first....I don't have a GPT anyway but my grey chin beard is almost long enough to braid, does that count?

Presumably you've ridden one. I found on the one I rode that you had to push it into the corner and pull it back out on the exit. It's similar to Nortons or old Triumphs with clipons. Did you notice that? I wonder if wider bars would help.

According to his tank bag full of road test results and dyno charts the 600 sportbikes in general and Kawasakis in particular are the best bikes ever made in the whole history of the world.

You clearly don't know your butt from a hole in the ground.

My test ride was pretty much up and down the freeway so I didn't do much cornering. I know a couple of companys like Norman Hyde, South Bay Triumph and Jack Lilly's are selling new top clamps with dog bones so you can run any bars you want on there for around 4 bills.

From what I could tell it felt more "natural" to me than the R1 I rode last year. If it get's hard on my elbows I'll go with some flat bars.

You wrote a question. However, you were implictly stating that a Buell Firebolt was not in the same class as the Duc 749 or any Japanese 600.

Clearly, they're not in the same class. That's obvious, and why your "question" was meaningless.

A shootout would be futile. A review of each (and letting a reader reach his/her own conclusion) would be more appropriate. A prudent consumer, after reading said reviews, if still interested, would go to the dealer(s) to ride what appeals to him/her.

I may retract my original comment regarding stupidity.

I have raced a 748 powered franknduc for 2 years. i have had it with that pos and starting next weekend in seattle will be on an sv.

The good news for you is I have both marchisinis and marvics that will fit your bike and everything is for sale. both sets are gold in color.

ducatis belong in california in my opinion and are great if you want to spend money and attach silly carbon fiber and billet bits to an overpriced, underperforming piece of machinery.

I would also like to point out that i am always amazed at the number of street riders who talk about noticing the difference in bikes with similar engine configurations but differing horsepower as if they actually spend any time at all with the throttle pinned.

its time to admit that the reason to own anything more than a 70 hp bike on the street is so you can brag about it.

the best performance upgrade you can to do a bike is to learn to ride it. and have fun on it.

finally, acting like a ducati race rep is a decent street ride is an exercise in denial.

Ok who told you could be a part pooper...anyway. Your are totally right of course..70 hp is about what a little Buell Firebolt has. So shame on me for putting down the Buell... Seems like the SV has a little more right? I always enjoy your real world experience point of view ewok...Keeps us Burger Boy magazine fanatasy riders inline.. What took you so long? :)

good one. i need to stop reading this stuff. and i am told a supersported sv is now running at abut 78 hp at the rear wheel. but that depends on whose dyno your using. it sure doesn't feel like its that much.

Wow.. one of the reasons I went to Ducati was cheap insurance.. $350 a year on a new 999. My agent told me that Duc's simply are wrecked like other type of superbikes. Unless your record stinks (or you are very young) I would shop around.. Geico gave me the best rate.. BTW - welcome to the family!

Re: Help is on the way

yea well. I just looked at the black on last week while picking up my raffle ticket refund for a monster 900 (they couldn't sell all of them, so they quit).

I need to beat this 999 to death before buying another RC51.

I'm sure it won't take too long. :+)

21 - 40 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.