Motorcycle Forums banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts
...WOW, would I have just known how many responses I'd trigger!

Anyway... my post was not about superiority or the opposite, not about bragging or anything the like... just simply to share my impressions of the two bikes while they are fresh in my memory! No more, no less...

The Buell IS AN AWESOME bike... I'd still ride it, and ride it with pleasure, if the Ducati Bug hadn't bitten... And I'll probably buy one again down the line... just not right now!

To those pointing out that my happiness is fleeting... rest asured, I know what I am riding!...

I work on my own bikes, get great deals on anything in the Parts Unlimited Catalog and I am not wearing pink sunglasses... I know about the weaknesses, yet, I also know about the beauty of the bike I am riding...

Thank you all though for taking the time to respond... either way, it is interesting to see some Japanese bike owners trying to justify themselves and some of the Italian bike owners getting tired of the hassles... yet, it seems that most Ducati owners get over the downsides and enjoy the upsides... we all have to live with our decision...

Thank you all and keep the rubber side down!

Re: Trade Buell XB12S for a Ducati 999???

...the insurance depends on where you life as well.... I guess, being that close to the Mexican border, theft comes into play as well!?

As for your maintenance cost!?

Try the Barnett clutch... and harder springs, they will reduce slip... get the clutch basket holder and the tools you need and do it yourself...t he tools are paid for the second time you do it!

Same is valid for the oil change... also, not even the valve adjustment is as complicated as some want to make it sound... it is just labor intense!

Re: Trade Buell XB12S for a Ducati 999???

..you know, as bad as some may make the quality and reliability of the Italin Bikes sound... I have just recently met someone who had 65K!!! Miles on his 916... both street and track... still going strong and fast. All he ever had was a few small knick-knacks and the clutch replaced a few times... that's it!

That is good mileage for any high performance bike, I'd think...

...beat the Heat!

...wrap the exhaust pipes and put some 1/2 " insualtion under the seat underbelly... works miracles!

Rode the bike last Sunday in the desert (110+) and it was considerably better... wrapped the pipes today and my legs thanked me for that immediately... try it!

...I've mastered that! I am happy with what I have and I look happily forward to what I may or may not have...

No, the character will not become irritating - at least not more than it is allready... and yes, I was extremly happy with the Buell initially and until the last day I owned it...

Your zynicism is entertaining... funny, even...

Yeah, the other TWO owners put 5 K miles on it in 2 1/2 years I did over 1000 in only 1 1/2 months (3 days of riding! and a tad bit of around town)... must be the fact that the bike was initially purchased at "Ducati of Beverly Hills"... I guess it counts more THAT you have one than whether you know how to put it to use or not...!?

Anyway, I was happy to find a newer one with low mileage... and the guy I bought it from went out and finally bought some furniture for the money he got from the bike... I guess priorities DO change over time, eh?

41 - 45 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.