Motorcycle Forums banner

Function Follows Form: Good-Looking Gear that Works Well

16K views 44 replies 25 participants last post by  The_AirHawk 
I bought a pair of Shift gloves in 2004 and they last atleast one season. Not sure of the model, but it was a basic leather glove w/0 wrist proteciton and had a chrome plastic piece to guard the knuckles. It fit well, but overall quality wasn't that good. The leather started to rip on me and on of the seams in the finger came undone.

Recently, I replaced them with a pair of Joe Rockets that are similar to their Supermoto glove, but isn't full leather (great for summer). Well, I should have headed all the warnings I heard about Joe Rocket, because the left middle finger seam has already come undone after only three weeks of owning these. Jeez, they cost me $40.

Next time I'll just pay a bit extra for the Alpinestars and hopefully not have to deal with this. Their (APS) top of the line track glove provides good ventilation, excellent feel and so far excellent quality.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.