Motorcycle Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Re: Beagles

I have four dogs now...But I always wanted a Beagle... I heard they howl and get lost easy i.e. get distracted because they have such good noses.

Are they dumb? My poodle is very smart, daushund is smart but stubborn, yorkie is not as bright but very obediant and my pekingnese is dumb but nice...

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
That's why you are so grumpy.... Hey they have implants now but you might have to sell the Busa...

·
Registered
148 Posts
Re: Beagles

Dude:

tell me, with your rep around here, you did not just admit having a poodle, a dachsund, a yorkie, and a pekingese? You can't just toss out a factoid like that in a crowd of sharks like this.

As far as I am concerned, howling a lot and getting lost easily is only a good trait when you live on 10,000 plus acres. Other than that, I don't think I'd recommend a beagle. The one I know is smart enough to find all available scrap food, and to ignore his owner almost 100%. I'm not sure that is a good thing, smarts wise. If you want the howl without the spastic nature, go for a bloodhound.

My dog is a somewhat vicious chesapeake bay/malamute mix (not really vicious, but enough of an antisocial streak to send many large dogs packing with superficial wounds - oddly enough she has a tendency to pick up and throw little dogs without hurting them), and for some reason the spinning wheels of the beagle seem to entertain her instead of inspiring either her prey drive or her fear aggression, which often results in larger dogs bleeding. But she's a complete sweetheart with kids, and my wife and I.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.