Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
first one?

First one maybe?

I think the ad's might have messed it up. I'm on a really fast connection here at work though, and at home. I'm guessing a dialup fellow could tell us. I think the only delays we are seeing are due to all the hops.

Rob

·
Registered
64 Posts
Re: Geeks

Although this may a problem with my laptop, I have noticed the chat has been markedly choppy and slower since 3/14. Occasionally I need to refresh the screen to get new messages.

Also, it no longer reports when one leaves the chat room, or at least not always.

·
Registered
246 Posts

Is it just me? I'm getting error messages on _all_ MO pages like "Warning: Unable to include '/cgi-bin/ads/news1_ads.pl' - error finding URI in /home/nuke/themes/MO/header.php on line 22" every place an ad is supposed to appear (hmm, this might be bad for ad revenue), and when I tried to click on the home page image map, I get a permission error. Assuming it's not just me, well, Brent, the moral is, never put new code on your production system immediately after having worked on it into the wee small hours of the morning.

I'll try logging out and in again and see if that helps (was logged in via cookie).

·
Registered
1 Posts

Hey blip

I am not as much of a geek as you are, but I am getting there.

I believe that second page was faster by a significant amount. This was from my adsl connection. I will try again from home at lunch wwhich is a 36.6 dial up connection.

CDNroadracer

·
Registered
368 Posts

As others reported, if I test it a second time, the first page is much quicker. Like 10 seconds vs 25-30.

Before, both were about 20 seconds, with the first page maye being slightly faster. Still at work, high-speed connection.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.