Motorcycle Forums banner
41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Its supply and demand - if there was a guy who made himself known to be available that could do the same job for less then they'd hire him.

They don't pay those guys that kind of dough for kicks. They do it because thats the less than the value they bring to the bottom line.

I do like the line about how they don't give the money back if they fail, but heck, I've been fired a time or two and I can't imagine if they had said, "Now give us our money back!"

·
Registered
140 Posts
If big bad rebel guys like Arny in Terminator, or other legendary Hollywood movie stars had ridden 250cc Hondas instead of Harleys, would there be as many accountants, lawyers and baby boomers riding Harley’s tody. Or, would we see these bandana wearing ‘’rebels" riding customised Honda twins?

Now that’s food for thought.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Re: Getting New Riders Deep into Debt

That $20k Harley will only cost you $4000 in interest if you pay it off in 4 years. Of course, the depreciation will cost you another $8000, but don't worry, the Federal Reserve will print more. Higher interest rates are just going to hit Harley values that much harder.

Oh, and please pay no attention to the fact that you had to earn $40,000 to pay that $24,000 after taxes (income, SS & MC, state, and sales).

·
Registered
530 Posts
Re: Brand loyalty over great bikes

I understand why companies have to "promote" their brand exclusively to make sales, but I'm always at a loss when individual riders are such staunch fanatics about one brand or another -- often without any real experience about the other brands they're bashing. There are just too many great bikes -- American, Italian, Japanese, British, etc. -- for me to only ride and promote one. I hope HD is around for long time to come, but with all the other great makers out there, drawing in new blood will be tough.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Re: Getting New Riders Deep into Debt

W well cut taxes again... so the economy will keep burning till he leaves office... Don't forget about the fools with the adjustable rate mortgages...

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hey, it rains a lot here in Seattle. Everyone rides around in Gortex of some sort 2/3rds of the year (or is wet).

·
Registered
138 Posts

How 'bout new 'old blood'? No, really.

When I get old, slow, and not so flexible I plan on getting a Road King. I like the lines, and by then I'll have more time for touring in recliner-like comfort.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Only 2 cruisers to outrun the V-Rod, the original hotrod (V-Max), and the of the Rocket III. Once we start the mod process it's all over. The V-Max with unlimited hop ups (due to over 20 years production) both power and handling will leave the rest in the rubber trail. Long live V-boost!!!

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
First, the V-Max mods are fairly limited. I'm not sure that there is more than one big bore kit or choices of cams. Not many Maxes out there with over 120 horsepower. The V-Rod already has about 5 stages of modifications available, along with at least 2 manufacturers of turbos, which will get you about 170 to 220 horsepower. Second, the V-Max handles like shyt. Period. Bad suspension, bad geometry, and flexi-flyer frame make each corner an adventure. Don't chase a V-Rod around a corner unless you want to look bad. The Max needs an update. It looks and feels like 1985 every time you ride it. I owned one.

·
Registered
46 Posts

I don't think its all that hard. I currently have a Japanese cruiser, but if I ever replace it it will be with a Harley. To me they really are better. Plus you get to be in their club!

·
Registered
530 Posts

There's a club for any unique or sexy bike, from HD's, to Guzzi's, to Hayabusas, etc., so a club isn't so hard to find. I'm happy enough to be in the 2-wheeler club regardless of bike, though I can't argue it's easier to hang with like-minded riders (sport, tour, adventure, cruiser, etc.).

·
Registered
323 Posts
Then you didn't do your homework. I owned one too. 1500 big bore, nitrous, blown, turbo, chain drive, you name it, all the way in excess of 200BHP. Take that extra $ you will pay for the V-Rod, and the Max will out handle the V-Rod on any paved road period.

41 - 60 of 70 Posts