Motorcycle Forums banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Yo,

In the words of Joe ****er

Cry Me A [frickin'] River

Drunks threaten and ruin the lives of thousands every year and you want us to feel sorry for 'em?

A glass of wine won't push you over the limit, so feel free to have A glass with dinner. But anymore than that and your a potential danger on the road.

And yes: my vote is to shoot 'em in the head on the side of the road.

· Registered
4 Posts
Yo,

Right on! Confiscate it right off the bat with no hope for getting it back. That will make people think more than twice about drunk driving. Paying a fine is one thing, losing a whole car (truck, SUV, etc...) is sure to hit 'em where it counts.

· The Toad
17,448 Posts
Hah! Don't forget to add the fact that those stupid bootcamps don't work in the first place. Check the stats on those things. A complete waste of money.

· Registered
158 Posts
Re:Most DUI`s are first timers.T`aint so,amigo.

Almost all DUI`s are "Problem Drinkers."

If you are of the belief that you are controling

your drinking,you ar by definition a problem drinker.Normal social drinkers do NOT think about CONTROLING their booze intake.

The only thing first time is that they got cought

for the FIRST time.

· Registered
1,521 Posts
So 40,000 were killed in road accidents, and in half of the cases a drunken driver was involved. And from that we can conclude we cold potentially save 20,000 lives? Bollocks. I am all for sober riding but if you ride after couple of beers and that idiot on the phone in a minivan pulls suddenly in front of you giving you zero chance, hey its "an alcohol related traffic accident".

- cruiz-euro

· Registered
156 Posts
Yep, almost every experiment, on either humans or animals, indicates that prompt reward and punishment is far more effective than later, more severe punishment or later, bigger reward, when the immediate memory has faded away.

But there is also the natural tendency (we all have it) to impose punishment, which makes the person who imposes it feel good, whether it has any lasting effect of not. Of course, I just left myself wide open to accusations of "soft on crime", of "bleeding heart liberal", or related slogans, didn't I?

· Registered
13 Posts
Re: impound the car, force them to walk home

So you're saying that if your kid borrows the car on a false pretext to go to a booze party they didn't tell you about, and gets stopped for DUI, you'll be happy to hand your car over to the state?

41 - 52 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.