Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
... except the RPGs would probably ended up being lobbed towards Egypt and you'd have shot off your own feet with the AKs instead after all that beer and hash.

Makes you realize just how incompetent the military is. Fortunately for us the terrorist types are even more incompetent.

When I was in Nam a buddy and I on a day off took all our cameras and hitchhiked up Monkey Mountain. We met two guys in a truck who were guards at the TOP SECRET Hawk missile base that no one knew about. We told them that we were photographers for the Navy Times. They took us on base and got their guard dogs out and gave us an attack demo that we dutifully photographed. Then they took us around the base and showed us the TOP SECRET Hawk missiles. We told them to keep an eye on the Navy times and we beat feet out of there. I'll bet those two guys combed through every inch of the paper for years after that. Lucky for them we weren't with the Navy Times since they might not have fared so well if the Nav had found out that they would have let two real photographers for the Navy times on an actual TOP SECRET Hawk missile base. LOL!

Maybe we can understand better now why we lost that particular war. The NVA were just slightly less incompetent than the US Nav apparently.
Us ex-officer types really resent the fun you guys had.

What was your name and SN again? :)

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
I really should come clean. I was Army, not USN. Retired in '05 after getting recalled from the reserves for a year and a half.

I worked for the Navy (Dahlgren, VA) 1995-1999, and got to spend some time on cruisers (Monterey, Normandy).

Love reading your stories, though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.