Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
That's just typical of the pansy ass's riding Harleys these days, how about keeping your pants off the pipes? That's like whinning about toasting your ass when you're sitting on your Ultra Classic with lowers doing some ****** 10 mile an hour "parade" in 90 degree weather. God, frikken man up for christ's sake.

When I had my chopped Shovelhead my right leg sat on top of the rear cylnder head at stop lights, I probably still have scars from it. One time the right fat bob started leaking and soaked my crotch with gas while I was haulin' down I-5, that's the only time I worried about bursting into flames. Apparently if you mount 10 year old 5 gallon fat bobs on a rigid frame, you'll want to stick some nice thick rubber washers in there......

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
We were at the Nato base in Napoli for a B&M Div get blasted and play football game one time. After the game we went to some little tav on the base and finished off the place, turns out they had Olympia beer there. We bought two sixxers each to go and just wandered around the base when we came across this Officer Garden Party thing, we sat out in the dark on this hillside and listened to the orchestra watching all this full dress brass and purty girls all in diamonds and stuff...It was kind of a trip, like the scene in Heartbreak Ridge where they're at the social. we sat up there and smoked some hash and drank our beers and just checked them out. If we were Bader-Mienhoff or Red Brigades we could have knocked off the entire Nato brass at one pop with a couple of RPG's and AK's.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Your lives all sound so exciting. Mine is so boring in comparison.
Well, you should have been in the military in the '70's defending the frontiers of freedom and keeping the world safe for democracy.

I had the misfortune of getting popped for paraphenalia on the boat right after a change of command, I can't remember the Captains name now, I think it was Service. We used to call him "the Snake" because he had a lisp and when he'd get on the 1mc and give anouncments you could hardly understand him.

Anyway, within a week of taking over the boat some guy got mushed by a huffer and another guy got his legs cut off by a Phantom, turns out most of the flight deck crew were stoners, then here comes me an Paully to Captains Mast for having hash pipes and he figures Engineering is all hop-heads too so we get reduced in rate,I lost my 3rd class crow, $750 fine and a month in the can as a guest of the USMC and a 15 minute lisping rant about what he was going to do to me if he ever heard my name again.......

Bad timing on my part I guess

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
I didn't know airdales greased, I thought it was an Engineering tradition. We always thought you guys just squeeked.

We had a guy named Fast Eddie who was one sick puppy. He started out in the Oil Shack but got transfered down to 4 main after awhile, well we couldn't sleep with him squeeking so much so after he was there for a few weeks and we figureded he was cool we ganged him and greased him up, and he was one of the crew. Now, each pit had a signiture, pplasm already gave away our Outlaw deal but we had one greasing too, we used Blue Dykem on certain areas as well as molly and coffee grounds.

As you know, Blue Dykem don't come off for awhile and we pulled into Catania the next day. Fast Eddie liked to hang with his Oil Shack buddies and that was cool with us, they had a tradition of finding VERY hi milage sportin' gals and taking pictures of each other munching on them, as I said, a bunch of sick puppies.

Well, me and Paully and Pineapple are wandering around the gut drinking $1.00 a gallon Scicillian home brew when out comes this old gal in her underthings screaming her head off in Italian followed by Fast Eddie wearing only a tee shirt and Converse All Stars and bright blue wedding tackle flopping stiff as a plank yelling "it's not gangrene! I'm in 4 main!!!" followed by his Oil Shack buddies trying to take pictures,.....

We just fell out I swear, I never laughed so hard in my life...

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
The one I remember was one we used to call the Red Devil Blower, she was quite large and always wore this red dress, she used to hang out by the castle in Napoli and ply her trade. I personally and this is the honest to god truth, never went into one of those dens of inequity. I don't care for leftovers as a general rule and by the time BT's got off the boat that's all that was left.

I used to wander around and check out all the old Roman ruins and Reinasance architecture and try to soak up a little of the ambiance, get something decent to eat instead of "the finest shipboard cuisine" and just make the visit worthwhile. After it got dark a lot of the times we'd go wander around the gut and drink wine or else sit at a sidewalk cafe` and drool over Italian babes but I never just went to the first squid bar and cat house like a lot of the guys did.

Got to see a lot of cool stuff like that and after being couped up in the pit for a month or two it was nice to get out and walk for a couple of hours. One of the funniest things I remember was this Roman aquaduct that ran through part of Naples, at each arch there was a car repair place. In the taller ones they worked on bus's and trucks, then the next size down would be taxis and those little flat bed trucks they had, then down to little Fiat 500's and scooters, the last one in line the arch was so low that over the years they had dug out the bottom of it so it was basically an underground shop..It was pretty cool, I was checking out the Aquaduct and they'd be asking me questions in Italian, "can I help you" or most likey "go to hell Americano" and I'd just smile and tell them No, I was just checking this out.....

Once you got qa mile or two in from the harbor it was a different world over there, the people were friendly and come up and talk to you, try out their English and stuff, I really enjoyed it. I was always looking for a Ducati or Laverda shop or Alfa Romeos or specially a Ferrari shop but mostly what I found were Vespa's and Fiats.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
I think I remember ol' pplassm. I still have two cruise books so I have an idea who he is, he was pretty cool on the boat as far as I recall. In fact most of the Engineering Officers were OK, Lt. Burns was a bit of a prick but he was replaced by Dan Mutty who was decent enough.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
I'm beginning to believe that I'm the only guy who was in the Nav who DIDN'T serve on the Indy.
well it's a big boat ya' know.....

You were probably too busy playing hide n seek with little fellers in pointy hats an black 'jammies anyway

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Well who was it that said they were R div. Officer? Alzhiemers again boys, I'm slippin' fast......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.