Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apparently HD is recalling thousands of Sportsters. It turns out that if your pants touch the header pipe, they may burst into flames! (The pants, not the header pipes.) HD is going to add heat shields to the pipes. No word yet from the clothing manufacturers on recalling their clearly dangerous, flammable clothing. What a shame; blazing motorcyclists streaking down the Interstate look really cool at night.

HD should consider just issuing shorts to XL buyers. Once the hair burns off, the calf skin never catches fire, and you can get that neat motorcycle "tattoo" as a bonus.

·
Registered
7,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
When I had my chopped Shovelhead my right leg sat on top of the rear cylnder head at stop lights, I probably still have scars from it. ......
Let's see, right at the moment, I have a nice red bullseye with a white center; that's the burn I got in the Keys three weekends ago when I was wearing shorts and got drunk at the Tiki bar. Right below that is my "chevron" scar from when the nice old lady ran me down and squashed my calf into the pipe, and there's one more below that, but I have no memory of how it got there.

How many shrooms did y'all eat out there Cuddy? Shoot, a small handful of our Florida cowpie specials will have you trippin for 48 hours! I've heard, I mean, some guy told me and stuff.

·
Registered
7,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
mscuddy;171114 The hands of Mescalito said:
Good times, Spongebob, gooood times. If I had a slightly less obvious logon name I'd toss a few stories out myself. However, suffice it to say that when "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" came out, Dr. Thompson had nothing on me and the guys I ran with up in Cocoa Beach in the '70s.

Now, the most exciting thing I'll be doing this weekend is dropping the kid at his Mom's, and changing a rear tire on Mike's Road King so he can ride up to Biketoberfest in Daytona later this week. WooHOOO!

Anybody else going to Daytona this week? Biketoberfest is a lot more fun than Bike Week, IMO. Same fun, less traffic, shorter lines.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.