Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
I just picked up some dainese summer gloves they dont have the "bling" but there comfy not to hot and have carbon fiber over my knuckles a bit pricey thou at 80 bucks

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ummm....eerrrrrhhhh....

This is a glove review?

Two gloves that were in the bottom of somebody's closet and one pair is from 2002? HUH?

What's next? A review on the new Shoei RF-200?

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
I've got a pait of $30 TourMaster summer gloves that have leather palms and fabric backs that breathe. They are great in the summer. For winter I use snowmobile gloves. For spring and fall..... well we don't have spring or fall in Utah. It's either freezing or boiling usually.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Do you realize you risk incuring the wrath of the esteemed Mr. Hackworth with such a post? I posted a humorous post implying that his efforts on the recent helmet "review" were less than what might be expected for the price of admission and he let me have it with both barrels. Here is a small sample of what I got:

"In the instance of the comment to which this reply is directed you are going to know who moderated it down because it's going to be me as soon as I finish this comment. But I am also going to do you you the considerable service, the only time I have ever done this on this site, of telling you that you are an absolute dope (since you obviously don't know). The bad news, amigo, is that when one looks up idiot in the encyclopedia it is you that they see waving at them."

Beware. Mr. Hackworth has a thin skin. One would think a paying customer would get a little more respect.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I don't understand the reference to "somebody's closet" but I guess you are referring to the Teknic gloves. Let me try to answer your comments.

MO purchased the Teknic's right off the shelf of a major motorcycle accessories retailer in Torrance just a few weeks ago. Given the number of people I see riding down the street wearing little to no protective equipment, including gloves, it seems prudent to review an inexpensive product that does not provide a cost barrier to decent protection. Plus I just plain like them.

Every piece of equipment I've reviewed for MO, inculding new stuff, has been thoroughly used and in some cases abused. Nearly everything looks cool and functional and useful on a store shelf but the real test, IMO, is how it stands the test of time. See the previous news item for more insight into my views on that. So yes, I do think that it's legitimate to do long term reviews of products that are still in production (like the JR Speedmasters), especially when we can tell you that they are built to last, represent a great value and give them a hearty endorsement. Look for more long term reviews of current products in the coming months.

Regards

Martin

·
Registered
729 Posts
Respect is not given around here Edward, it is earned. As I have watched the MO community down moderate your mispelled, ill-informed, unfunny, knee-jerk, xenophobic, posts I have to think that most of them are in agreement with my general assessment of your reader forum acumen.

You are really KPaul off the meds, right?

-martin

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
SBP

Very timely review. I have been considering the JR gloves for awhile. Every store I go into never have them in stock. My Olympia 335 Protector Glove (actually the predecessor version of this model) are worn out after 3 years or 15,000 miles.. I liked them but can't find them in stock around here. Thanks SBP. Think I'll risk a mail order buy via MotorcycleUSA on them.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
"You are really KPaul off the meds, right? "

I hope not else I am in big trouble with my wife and Sean. He does have my evil twin unregulated glucose level, unmedicated style. :) Hey for what its worth I like your reviews, no joke. You always answer all the questions I have with a product. Good job. SBP

KPaul

·
Registered
955 Posts
Fieldsheer FSR-Tech gloves are a nice buy. I paid $20.00 for a pair, as a Christmas present to my son-in-law. They were so comfortable that I damn-near kept them for myself.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.