Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FIRST!!!!!!!!!

Go Mom. Hope her hope shines though to Go.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Once an addict,always an addict.Now the choice is will he/I be clean or a junkie.

The mothers/families of alkies and addicts many times are the greatest obstacles to REMAINING clean.

This is one reason addiction to booze is called alcoholism not alcoholwasm.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
I feel bad for smack addicts. One day you're minding your own business, living a clean and productive life, then -BAM!- some a**hole comes along and shoots a hypodermic needle full of a highly addictive toxin into your arm. That is some rotten luck.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Well, it's not a toxin, per se. More like a derivative, synthesized endorphin. Goes right to the pleasure centers. When smack fiends OD, they really are getting way too much of a good thing.

One wonders, though: if you are a pro bike racer, and *that's* not enough of a rush for you, maybe a little smack isn't your biggest problem...maybe you really are a boring, uninteresting, uncreative little sh1t, with nothing of real substance to contribute to our little blue marble.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
JB has doled out some breaks

I remember not too long ago JB was defending Gobert after he was fired from Erion (presumably for an alcohol-related incident). But I can't help but share Burns' cynicism here. I wonder if Joe Average would have gotten off the hook as easily.

AG has had a number of "second" chances. Let's hope that this one is his last. From what everyone seems to say, he's got a good heart and was one of the friendliest guys in the paddock. I'm rooting for him, too, but let's not let his (depleted) charisma and (wasted) talent color our opinions too much. If this were just some anonymous "low-life," many of us would be screaming for his head--especially if he harmed a motorcyclist in some way.

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
Hey KP!

The big Biodiesel convention is in San Diego this weekend. I'm sure you're going to be here being a supporter and all, right?

You could probably kickdown some sponsorship bucks and maybe speak at one of the forums.

If you're going I'm going!

·
Registered
480 Posts
I,m sorry,I have no love for heroin addicts.I started working in a hospital in 1974.My first day as an orderly we had to bathe a female lwho was around 23,[those days there was none of the sexism we have today,patient always came first]Anyway,she had a beautiful face,When we took off her gown,her body looked like the surface of the moon,She had 500 ULCERATIONS on her body from shooting smack.Heroin addicts will shoot smack into their genitals and even the inside of their bottom eyelids to get high,steal from their families hold and kill folks for smack etc.I do have sympathy for the women,because it,s usually some male scumbag who turned her on.Just my rant,sorry it got out of hand.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.