Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
A moment of silence for the families of all that were involved seems in order. God bless us all as this is one of mankind's darkest days. May those responsible for this travestry be held accountable and may retrobution be equally as swift and twice as painful. To those that were directly touched by these events, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Although all members of the Nassau Wings Motorcycle Club are alive and accounted for, we also realize that due to the magnitude of the destruction not every club here in New York's AMA District 34 will be able to make that same pronouncement. When all is said and done I know deep down that there will be some friends and associates that I've ridden with that I'll never ride with again and that's a very sad thought. If you live anywhere near New York City, PLEASE donate blood if you are able. That's probably the best thing you can do for us at this time. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The world will never be the same.

I'm still in a state of shock and outrage - and I'm not a US citizen and I live thousands of miles away. My deepest condolences to families of victims.

Though acts of vengeance will not bring back the lives of the unfortunate souls who've perished, it should make others aware of the consequences of mass murder. Strike swiftly and spare none. Dangerous animals should not be allowed to live in civilised society.

May the corners be many and varied, the straights fast and clear. Ride on, my friends, ride on.

Bill

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is so bad.. This is something that shouldn't happen and I guess we're finally

at war now.. I pray for all the victims and their loved ones and the ones that

remain... Even though I live in Denmark I have been touched deeply by this tragedy,

double because my best friend and riding buddy is from NY.. Fortunately his family is

all accounted for in good shape..

And even though we sometimes consider our little country a haven, this just proves

that noone is actually safe anywhere...

/Steffler

·
Registered
45 Posts
I watched with a lump in my throat as the jetliner hit the World trade Center. I almost cried as both towers collapsed. I thought of the day me and my family took pictures in front of WTC after my college graduation.I thought of people who were in those planes and WTC and their loved ones. I still can't believe this happened. I am a citizen of a country which has suffered a lot from terrorist activities during past years. Just a day before the terrible event in NYC and Washington DC, some sicko tied up bombs to his body and blew himself up in a crowded area in my city killing 3, and seriously injuring 20 people. But nothing could prepare me for the tragedy that I witnessed yesterday. I have a few friends in NYC and I wonder what happened to them. Please know this millions of people are sharing your pain and pray to God that the inhuman creatures who planned this are cought and brought to justice, although no punishment could fit their crime.

·
Registered
45 Posts
"A couple of years from now, the whole tragedy will be a made-for-t.v-movie and either we’ll be merrily driving our gas-guzzling SUVs (unconciously dropping coins into the enemy’s collection can)-:"

I take it you mean the Arabs are the enemy. Right after the Oklohoma bombing I was at a fast food restaurant where I noticed the commotion. I asked what happened and the guy at the counter said "Those damn Muslims blew up the Oklohoma City building". I am not into religion but I guess I can be considered one of those damn muslims (I'm Turkish). I figured it would be better to keep quite but I said to myself "How do you know so easily?". A day after that an arab family's home was attacked by an angry mob and a pregnant woman lost her baby. And we all learned who did it soon afterwards.

Listen I don't mean to say that it was extremist in America, but please don't jump to conclusions and blame a whole society/religion. It is probable that Extreme Islamic organizations are behind this but this does not mean, Arabs or Muslims are your enemy. The world is not as simple as that. There are sick, demented people in every society (one of them blew himself up two days ago in Istanbul, taking three people with him and injuring 20) and this is what makes it so scary. There is no clear enemy, they can be anyone, they can be anywhere, anytime. It is up to the civilized world to eradicate this evil as well as the conditions which create it in the first place, like hunger, poverty and injustice. I know it's easier said than done but there really seems no other way to stop this madness from happening again in the future.

·
Registered
33 Posts
For my first date with the woman who ended up being my wife, we went to the top of the World Trade Center to watch the sunset. It's a shock to think it's not there anymore. It's even more shocking to think of the extraordinary evil that could conceive and execute such a plan.

One thing I would like to say is to show some restraint towards Arab and Islamic people in America. My wife is a muslim from Turkey, and she is just as outraged as I am. There will be retribution for what happened, but let's make sure we save it for the people who actually did this and the governments that assisted them, not for the people who look like the people we think did this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Re: Forget this? Never...

I live right across the river from the WTC. My girlfriend called me from right outside the towers (she was inside when plane #1 hit, but she is safe now) saying all hell was breaking loose. I hopped on my bike and tried to get across the river, couldn't, so I went to a waterfront park right across the river from the towers. I cried as I watched the towers burn and then fall. Let me tell you, seeing it person PALES compared to the video coverage on TV. I've been in those towers many, many times and I know how many people work there and go through there everyday. Many of those people are now dead. I have not accounted for everyone I know that works in that area. I am still in shock today.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I hope everyone takes a moment to recognize that every person of Middle-Eastern appearance and descent is not a terrorist. Let us reserve our huge anger for the true perpetrators of this soulless act. Let us not turn our backs on our friends, coworkers and true fellow Americans from the middle east who are as shocked, appalled and saddened as we are. While this may be a tough time to call for tolerance, I hope all motorcyclists in the United States, most of whom have endured distrust and ridicule at some level for our chosen sport, lead by example.

And when we find out who did this, I hope Bush and Cheney take it to them in a show of force that the terrorists and the backwards countries that support them will never forget. Ever.

William Roberson

great old bikes

·
Registered
29 Posts
Well said. As a previous poster said, this is a faceless enemy. We cannot and should not speculate as to who or what is responsible. America would not be the country it is if not for our vast diversity of cultures. The famous quote,"We have nothing to fear but fear itself." holds true now more than ever. We must be strong and trust that the parties involved will get what they deserve. Do not punish someone for the way they look, this is just what those evil minds want us to do. Don't let them win. America, the melting pot of the world,
home of the free, land of the BRAVE.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
I agree wholeheartedly. We must respond to this tragedy with actions so harsh and terrible that anyone who contemplates an act like this in the future must consider the dire consequences that they will face. These consequences should not only affect themselves but any and all people, including their friends and family members, who knew the slightest bit of information about what they were going to do. As Bush said, anyone who has harbored these bastards (not an exact quote) should suffer the consequences. The people who did this forfeited any and all human rights through participation in this unspeakable, despicable act of cowardly violence against innocent people. They deserve ANYTHING that happens to them.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.