Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Administrator
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Original Article:
Godzilla Cruisers Shootout

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Godzilla Cruisers Shootout in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You guys are a joke. The Triumph Rocket III is the ultimate Godzilla cruiser and would leave any of the bikes you tested in the dust without raising a sweat. Didn't Triumph spend enough advertising money on your magazine or do you only test V-Twin Harley clones??

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have ridden most of the bikes in your shootout and bought the Honda VTX 1800C Spec 2. I would challenge you to match the stability and comfort of the other bikes after a 750 mile day. I rode my VTX from Louisville,Ky. to south Ga. in a little over 11 hours. Some mountain rodes,some rain, a lot of freeway riding. The VTX has proven to not disappoint me yet. I have a little over 10,000 miles in six months. I get a lot of people telling me what a good looking bike it is.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Really?

You guys are a joke. The Triumph Rocket III is the ultimate Godzilla cruiser and would leave any of the bikes you tested in the dust without raising a sweat. Didn't Triumph spend enough advertising money on your magazine or do you only test V-Twin Harley clones??
Well, perhaps then you know a way to force Triumph to provide a test bike for MO whenever MO wants one. Or should MO delay testing big cruisers for months or years while waiting for a Rocket?

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Of course, the classic first post insult everyone ploy.........

Works every time eh?

·
Registered
46 Posts
If the man who spearheaded the development of the Honda Valkyrie hadn't died, that bike would still be produced. As a proud owner of the best cruiser ever made, my 44 years of riding say that it would have whipped all the latest contenders. If you get a chance to ride one, you will see what I am talking about.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
You pass every time because you are afraid it will show up your present ride for what it is...an antique, underpowered, overpriced lemming machine.
....that would be worth more in a box in pieces than a valk was new..

·
Snuggles
4,369 Posts
You pass every time because you are afraid it will show up your present ride for what it is...an antique, underpowered, overpriced lemming machine.
Oh, good god. Let's not pretend the Valk's sh!t didn't stink. It was a cool cruiser and concept. But it wasn't a groundbreaking machine. I liked it because it was a Goldwing without all the extra crap or weight.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Yup. It's true. Every time I tell people I have a motorcycle, the first thing they ask is, "Is it a Bandit 1200?".
You too?

Man, if only I had a Nickel for every time I heard that question, I'd have like 13-cents.........

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.