Motorcycle Forums banner

Going to Daytona?

9K views 37 replies 27 participants last post by  mscuddy 
#1 ·
Yahoo0...first post

Bike week yawn,.........

poo

#28 ·
Nah. Local runs only. The yearly Polar Bear Run and the Toy Run rides are enough for me. Or maybe the Devil's Slide Ride. Several hundred bikers at once is more than enough. Too many more and it ends up being nothing but a venue for overpriced merchants selling crap.

#30 ·
Fried food or they are all old retired people. FL never had much appeal to me except for the fishing. This summer may involve a trip for tarpon in the FL Keys, maybe Key Largo.

That's nice bit of information on living quarters doing Laguna. Now if someone can tell me the best way to see the race (i.e. to late to buy tickets that are worthwhile?, to camp or not to camp, camp where?, etc.)

#32 ·
What a lot of you are missing is there is so much more going on than the "biker party" thing on Main and Beach Street. I go every year to racevintage MX(this year also flat track) and watch the vintage roadrace( a couple of my buddies race) There is also Vintage Cross Country and Trials racing.I always enjoy the chance to meet and talk with racing legends such as **** Klamforth,**** Mann,Brad Lackey,etc. There is every type of modern bike racing to see and participate in from trials to the Alligator enduro.There is basically at least a race of some kind every day from Sat to Sat in the area. Also if you are into vintage street bikes there are several good shows,including the Eustace AMCA swap meet.I know many of you are not into chopper /customs but if you are there is no better place to be. if course those of you who leave in good weather states dont appreciate the riding....but for those of us less fortunate the chance to get a jump on Spring and steal a couple of 75-80deg days riding(even on straight roads) is worth it..and the ride from Daytona to St augustine is pretty nice. Each to his own....I dont do "rallies",but I do hit Daytona area every year and enjoy it(just avoid the circus in Daytona proper).

#33 ·
just buy a general admission ticket. there are so many great views at laguna seca you'll want to walk around to take advantage of all of them.

If you're planning to camp, stay at the track. There is a special area for tent camping and it's first come, first served. There are portable showers at the track. The reserved camping is already sold out.

Bring sunscreen and a hat and warm stuff too. It might be really hot or socked in with fog or windy. The weather is very unpredicatable there.

And since it looks like you ride a Ducati. They will have a special area for Ducati riders including helmet and jacket storage, free water and a special Ducati only grandstand. Just show your key and your in.

#36 ·
Free water?!?! I knew buying an overpricedunderperforminguglyhighmaintenancecost Ducati was going to pay off! HA, to all you Ducati slammers. Guess you're feeling the pain now, a diabolic hahahahahahahaha...

Thanks for the info, especially the Duc perks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.