Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I have no ***** idea.

But here is what I would do. Fetch a piece of small diameter tubing. It should be about 1/16 inch inner diameter or at least as small as you can find - a thin straw might work. You'll need about a foot in length. Attach this to a funnel that you can seal tightly so no fluid leaks past the funnel and down the tubing. Now measure out about 1 ounce of the old fluid - you do still have some don't you? - and pour it into the funnel. Time how long it takes the fluid to drain through the tubing. Now, take each of the fluids you mentioned, those which are also compatible with rubber tubing and do the same. When you find the fluid that takes the same amount of time to flow through the tubing as the original fluid you will have the same viscosity - and Bob's yer Uncle.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Have you tried calling the Honda dealers? Maybe a mechanic might be familiar with it. My guess would be power steering fluid...

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Intereting idea. I guess I would narrow down the choices first to PS fluid and HJ fluid/oil.. I doubt its Tranny or brake fluid..

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
That's helpful. Glad to see you are keeping the MOron reputation going.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Before there's any more stupid responses, other than my own of course, it is entirely possible, and I certainly could be wrong of course, that the author of this question can't balance a Honda GoldWing with one leg.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Isn't it time for you to charge a battery or something? Maybe go fight some imaginary fires and bring your broomstick with ya for good measure, just in case the big bad Harley guys show up. Leave motorcycle advice for the guys that actually ride.

·
Registered
872 Posts
It descends for use at parking lot speeds and retracts when you're going faster. Training wheels. Company is out of business.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Without knowing all the details of this particular case I will say this about landing gear. Couple of years ago I went along with a bunch on a Sunday ride. One of the participants was on an Rc51 with landing gear. Ex-AMA racer due to a crash that left him paralyzed from the waist down. Had to be set on the bike, after that he was good to go. So, landing gear can be a good thing.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.