Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
That's the stupidest thing I've heard. Trike's are probably more dangerous to ride.

I'm going to take a wheel off of my car and call it a trike and take the carpool lane. The CHP is really that dumb?

·
Registered
466 Posts
State official above the law is involved in accident ...?

Where have we heard that before ?

He could set a good example for all unlicensed riders by just admitting that he made a mistake, pay the fine, and pass the test just like every other biker.

He could raise bike awareness and do some good if he spins this right.

·
Registered
640 Posts
King of Kalifornication

Arnold needs to set the example, not be made the example. Sounds like the King of Kalifornication should get Janklow to represent him in this matter.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I am the original poster of this article. Reading several newspaper articles this morning, there seems to be much confusion between state agencies regarding whether a Trike needs a California Class 1 license endorsement to be riden. CHP says yes and other people or agencies say no. It will be interesting to watch developments on this issue in the next few days. It may be a grey area.

SV650Glen

·
Registered
466 Posts
Operating a vehicle on public roads is not a birthright.

Sorry man, but I have to disagree. Operating a vehicle in public is a right granted by the government agencies that control that public space. If it's the law to wear red socks, or drive left-handed, or allow your face to appear on your license, then that's what you do or you don't drive. It is however, your right to dissent and try to change the law.

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
You can view the CA DMV motorcycle handbook here and see the Governator's name prominently displayed.

Page 5 of the handbook states "a farm tractor is not a motorcycle," so since Arnold was riding a Harley no license is required.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.