Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
It would be fantastic if Capirossi could get on a RC211V next year and Aprilia dumped Laconi and put Melandri on the Cube (after it's up to speed of course, I don't think Melandri has the experience to develop a new bike).

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Since the cube is high revving and handles more like an inline 4 than the RSV, I would think it was just the thing for Haga. (assuming Dunlop figures out the GP tire situation and Haga gets into top condition.)

·
Registered
203 Posts
Well, the little known fact of yesterdays race was that Capirossi had nearly caught up with Rossi and Ukawa midway in the race, but then lost his tires. Anyway, the best race of the day was the race for 4th place. Katoh's NSR was breathing down Checa's tail for many laps, and then at the end just put him away. Very cool. I think that the 4 cylinder 2stroke vs 4 cylinder 4stroke battle will be awesome. The 5cylinder RC211V however, will get little competition from anyone, except Capirossi IF he can keep his tires

·
Registered
13 Posts
I think BMW, Ferrari, and even Ducati might have something to say about that... where's the Honda in F1 for example?

OK, with that being said, I think that Honda is one of the best, if not the best engineering company in the world, becuase no one can match them for the breadth of their excellence... they have (or have had) great motors in GP bikes, cars, superbikes, and even CART, if I remember correctly....

but currently, I think BMW makes the best car motors, and Ducati is (in my opnion) even with them in bike motors....

just my $0.02

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.