Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What no first posts! Maybe it's the stigma of a scooter article. No Fear.

·
Registered
156 Posts
My congratulations to the aging "scooter trash". Bet you had fun.

Alas, at a mere age 69, I don't think I'd enjoy buzzing along at 45 mph. I much prefer to be overtaking the Peterbilts on one of my full size motorcycles (mostly a BMW, and a Ducati, also recently a 1970 Triumph T100C), not have them coming up fast in the rear view mirror. Maybe in 10 years I might feel different.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
I dunno, the motorized bicycles in my garage get more use than the real motorcycles. Something about the pedals...

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
No smit, they didn't like that crack about Michelin tires either...haha wtf.

In the frenchies pocket, eh MO?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Re: Yes! The Bluehairs on the Blue Highways

You have to give old people credit. A lot of them DO accumulate some wisdom over the years. What better way to see the country than staying OFF THE INTERSTATE.

I would MUCH rather do 45 mph on a scenic backroad than drone along at 90 mph on a generic, soul-less interstate highway.

(Actually, I'd probably being going somewhere between 45 and 90 on that scenic backroad, but the point is the same: interstate sucks, backroad rules.)

There was a time when two-lane backroads were the ONLY roads and 45 mph was a reasonable clip for the smaller engines of the time. And I'll bet the riders loved the trip.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
I admire these folks but I have to admit I am a bigot towards scooters. Yes I have ridden one... I think it's not having anything between my legs and the cute little wheels that I am against. boy doesn't that sound weird... the first part of that I mean..

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just when I think I am about half-tough some group of oldsters on scooters goes and make me feel like a ninny - I always thought I would ride across the country on a Capt. America replica, but now I have no interest because my ass can't take it -

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Uh, dude......... you don't *have* to comment and then hit "OK" when you type something like that...........

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Well, you know - that Kodak Brownie is gettin' kinda hard to find film for, and you can't get that developed at Mal~Wart.................

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Even gum-wrappers are being made with absolutely outstanding quality these days.............

·
Registered
446 Posts
Speaking of gums, can you imagine the abuse their denture glue took? What the hell kind of Efferdent gets out bugs?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.