Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
MCruz, Glad to see you here. Additional International perspective will, no doubt, add to the discussions here. From what I have read, there are a lot of great rides to be had in Brazil. Hope to, some day, be able to take one or two

·
Registered
10 Posts
Your Portuguese knowledge is good enough to get understood, buddy, although you still run the risk of getting directed to the horse barn when you ask "where are the women!".

Jokes apart, thanks for the welcome memo. Where did you learn it? Ever been down here?

See you around,

mcruz

·
Registered
729 Posts
I spent some time growing up in a bilingual neighborhood in South Florida. When I was in college I took Spanish/Portugese for my language requirement. I spent some time in Central America back in my climbing days. I was always planning on climbing Aconcaugua and getting down to Patagonia but never got around to it. At any rate I think that you should try to learn the language when you travel, especially if you are going to be spending much time away from tourist destinations.

I read and write Espanol and it's derivitives much better than I speak them, but I can get around.

Seeya!

·
Registered
170 Posts
I quite often check out the chat and because I am in New Zealand I get beaten by the time zone thing a bit as by the time I am home from work all the US dudes have gone to bed, but I do catch them often. You can't complain about time zones so just jump on the chat sometime between about 7pm and midnight California time and you'll find some people there. Might see you there.

Cheers

Merv.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.