Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I'm in that age group and some of these people are embarassing to me! I guess it's that "lifestyle" thing they're always talking about. You know, black t-shirt, fingerless gloves, doofus rag on your head, belly sticking out from under that shirt.

Oh yeah, am I supposed to celebrate "first post"? Does it make me a hero or just somebody with too much time on their hands?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Same damn thing with my brother and his wife, they're putting all their money into Harley toilet paper, Harley deoderant and Harley toe nail polish, all paid for with a Harley credit card that gives them Harley dollars. They wore Harley pins on their wedding day. Last Christmas I got the Harley classic tank collection, and I ride everything but Harley's. Want it, make me an offer!

It's not a mini-intervention that's required, it's the full blown family, friends, acquaintances, professesionals, etc. letting these folks know they've got a problem.

I sympathize!

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
I'd be embarrassed if my mother started running around like a Harley hootchie as well, it's bad enough that she drives a Saab. So far she's stuck with the tan stretch pants/purple coat/ tight white perm so popular with her generation....

I figure what the hell, let them have their fun. they're out having a great time while the kids sit there with their panties in a twist.

Too bad.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Shouldn't life be fun? Who are we to criticize someone who is having fun without hurting anyone? Who cares if your in-laws, parents, friends like Harleys, Hondas, or Zundapps? As long as they're not hurting anyone, it's none of our business.

Shouldn't we just lighten up and support people in their pursuit of happiness? This need to criticize everyone who is different is really getting old.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hey Kids:

Maybe Mom and Dad don't like your conservative politics, baggy jeans, propane barbecue, and are embarassed by your behavior at the grandkids soccer/little league/gymnastics/modern dance/tai kwan do events. They may despise the fact that you drive a minivan and married that loser. Kids, you're not perfect either!

Even though I personally don't ascribe to the "Harley lifestyle" (or any "lifestyle") Let'em have fun. Cripes, the country is homogenized (sp?) way too much already.

Mom and Dad could do a lot worse things than this! I say Mom and Dad should spend the inheritance on a full dresser Harley or two.

Chill, Peace!

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
I would help them live the full biker experience. Y not plant some meth or a little weed in their saddlebags, then place an anonymous clall to the local cops? Jail tattoos are much cooler than store bought ones.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Can you do, say or wear anything that doesn't embarass your teenage kids?

I say the kids need to lighten up! While I imagine that their parents probably look a little ridiculous, I'm guessing the kids do to! And that's fine, who cares? I probably look ridiculous riding to and from work everyday wearing a black helmet and jacket when its 90 degrees outside, but I really don't care.

Some people do need to realize that black leather, t-shirts, boots and all that may look great on some people (H-D or anyone else) it doesn't look great on everyone. Same with baggy pants, sideways baseball caps and mini-skirts! Doesn't stop the 'wrong' poeple wearing those things either!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Aw, come on; they're just a couple of mixed up seniors, all hopped up on goof balls (or maybe prune juice and Geritol).

After raising such uptight kids, they deserve a break, even if it's a cheesy Discovery Channel cliché.

Their kids should be happy that their parents don't have the time to meddle in their lives, like so many beige and vanilla seniors do.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The last time I was motorcycle shopping, I went into a HD/Buell boutique. While I was looking at motorcycles, a woman came up to me and asked if she could help. I asked if Buell made a sport touring bike. Her responce was, 'Im sorry, I do not know anything about motorcycles, I am a fashion consultant for the clothing line!'.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Mind your own business, punks.

Actually the only real "loser" in this story is the person who would actually write a letter to "Dear Abby".

Why would anyone think that jomama getting into Harleys is a problem? Try having a mother who hated motorcycles and did everything to keep you from riding. A mother who kept it up 'til the day she died. Try that.

Whining punk kids. Mind your own business.

That other letter from KPaul's wife was more interesting.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Second letter more interesting

Actually, I'd like to explore the second letter, specifically:

"Zack is smart, funny, attractive, well-educated, and has a well-paying job that could provide US with a very good lifestyle"

Why is it that Zack works his ass off and all of a sudden it's "US" who are going to have a good lifestyle - as in "I've hit the gravy train baby and all I gotta do is have kinky sex once a week with the guy, yahoooo!"

Call me weird, but doesn't paying someone for sex have a name.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.