Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah babe, the first thing I thought of when I heard about the new gixxer was that it will out play R1 in bag of triks compettion. With the weight that low, power that high and a name that says it all it would defenetly be the new hooligan king.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Okay this GSXR is not a bike for the week hearted and it might not be for people who are all going goodie goodies and I think mini dink sorry haha I mean mini me just showed that. Sorry mini me I just had to get that out, chears man your probley the king :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
LOL MO. Nice Wheelie. Anyone watch the gsxr1000 world premier on SpeedVision? It was 20 minutes of wheelies. Wheelie down the backstraight, wheelie after every turn, side-by-side wheelies. I can't wait to ride one of these!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
In town was the wrong place to do it, although back roads are fair game as far as I'm concerned. I've thought about how motorcycles are superior to the 4 wheeled cousins. If we all unite together and pull wheelies all the time, and always add 20 miles an hour to a speed limit, except in villages, we could conceivably(sp) beat the system.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
104 Posts
If you paid a freaking dime, I might give you a kleenex...

You don't pay a f**king dime to read this site.

MAKE THIS FREAKING POLITICALLY CORRECT CRAP STOP.

I am not normally a violent or easily angered person, but this GD PC crap has GOT TO GO. People and whining 24x7 has turned the US and the world in general, to a big whining session. There has not been one thread on this board, be it about a new tank bag, to a new bike, that hasn't been cluttered with every other post being someone who thinks MO sucks, their sponsors suck, the brand sucks, the article was not appropriate, my hairstyle is weird, you name it, you people about it.

I for one just blew a fuse, go home and BUY Sport Rider, Cycle World, Motor Cyclist, where you PAY for it, and have a reason to complain. Until then, shut up and like it.

Rob "Pissed off" Nance

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just a bit about Suckuki, if you please! You mentioned the best, and since the new 1000 makes credible power, you assume loads when you guess it's the best. For whatever reason, I am proud, even though I do not know you, that you will give the lovely Yamaha up to ride a Suckuki! Just remember when the recall notice comes in the mail...and you can't get parts(really)what you gave up in return. Peace...and stay smart!

·
Registered
16 Posts
beautiful. what i really love is the scamper-for-cover body language as he tries to duck in behind the truck. looks like a turtle with his head tucked in. also, blinker on - nice touch.

i feel your pain because i've felt it myself.

·
Registered
44 Posts
"Joe Public," in the form of "Joe Senator," will give it to you up your wheelie ridin' ass. Problem is, in doing so, I get it up mine too.

I love high performance bikes, and want to be able to continue to buy them without anyone meddling.

I think standing burnouts and wheelies and stoppies and stunts are way cool. They show a great amount of control over a powerful machine. I wish I could do more and better myself.

However, keep it off the damn streets. If we don't use our own judgement, we'll have someone else's crammed down our throats.

Like it or not, what the stupid few do now directly affects what the rest of us responsible enthusiasts can do in the future.

Grow the hell up before you screw it up for me.

-Tom

·
Registered
44 Posts
Re: If you paid a freaking dime, I might give you a kleenex.

Hey Rob,

I don't give a crap about PC. I do give a crap about my ability to ride what I want where I want. Stuff like this WILL lead to HP caps, local motorcycle bans, or worse. Guaranteed. I really, really don't want to say 'I told you so' on this one. I just want to be able to go about my business. I don't care what you (or anyone else) does, UNTIL it messes with what I'm doing. This does.

-Tom

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yeah,

My thought is The System will have us riding bicycles. I like to ride fast, and I don't keep both wheels on the ground all the time-- I do like to have fun. But we need to be discreet with this stuff! I want to have my fun today AND next year.

-Tom

·
Registered
2 Posts
It isn't the skilled rider I worry about. Although if you honestly think that a standing wheelie at supra-legal speeds on a public street is skilled... Anyway, it's Grannie Public ambling into your wheelie lane in her Caprice that I worry about. GXR's make better bikes than door adornments.

Maybe a little time in the tank, keeping Bubba happy (they don't call it the "pokey" for nothing) would make MO re-consider public houliganism.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Tom,

I totally agree with what you're saying. I live in San Diego and don't frequent some of the best riding spots on Sunday because I can't stand looking at the idiot bike population (probably about 10% of the total??) that think they need to prove something. Most of them get smoked if they ever get to the track (but most never go 'cause its to expensive, or they'll crash their bike, etc, etc.) I very ocassionally ride with the original Formula USA champ that will not pass on the double yellow and is extremely curtious to the rest of the people using the roads (yes, cars have a right to do this!). I laugh my ass off when some monkey passes him down a straight only to park it in the next corner just in time to get a great seat to watch Earl go by them on the brakes (nose wheelie, backing it in you name it he does it) in total control. And yes this happens only on remote roads with visibility through the corner. You can ride responsibly and still have fun.

Let's hope the idiot/squid riding population gets smart before they restrict horsepower.

Frank

1 - 20 of 108 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.