Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
69 Posts
Original Article:
H-D embraces the dark side

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article H-D embraces the dark side in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Well they work for me. I think the whole range of Dark models looks good. If I had the coin I'd get the Vrod Night Rod Special even though I think it's the stupidest name in motorcycling since the "Midnight Maxim".... I guess people from the midwest go for that kind of thing...(ahem)..at any rate the whole line-up looks good and follows the chrome don't get you home mantra some of us adhere to. I think they screwed the pooch dropping the Dyna Wide Glide model, that would have looked good with the all black motiff but maybe they'll bring it back after the Rocker C tanks.

·
Registered
10,900 Posts
Well they work for me. I think the whole range of Dark models looks good. If I had the coin I'd get the Vrod Night Rod Special even though I think it's the stupidest name in motorcycling since the "Midnight Maxim".... I guess people from the midwest go for that kind of thing...(ahem)..at any rate the whole line-up looks good and follows the chrome don't get you home mantra some of us adhere to. I think they screwed the pooch dropping the Dyna Wide Glide model, that would have looked good with the all black motiff but maybe they'll bring it back after the Rocker C tanks.
Plus they allow your dark, moody side to come out.

·
Snuggles
4,369 Posts
Will this force a change to all the seller's ads from "Too much chrome to list" or "Tons of chrome" or "dripping with chrome" to "Too many darked out parts to list" or "Tons of non-shiny add-ons!" or "dripping in stuff that isn't chrome!"

Craigslist will never be the same.

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
Will this force a change to all the seller's ads from "Too much chrome to list" or "Tons of chrome" or "dripping with chrome" to "Too many darked out parts to list" or "Tons of non-shiny add-ons!" or "dripping in stuff that isn't chrome!"

Craigslist will never be the same.
........Filthy Title In-hand!.............

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Wonder if they're gonna do that with the Chinese Harley's too? Maybe a black dragon motif? Can't wait to see if the Chicom HD's use old Honda knock-off motors...

Don't say I didn't warn you (hear that HD Union people?)

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
>“Dark Custom is raw and genuine, so young riders can make
>their own statement,” says Willie G. Davidson, vice president
>of styling and grandson of one of the company’s founders.
>“It starts where we began. Rebellious. Lean and hungry.
>Honest and familiar. It’s good to be home.”

Fantastic. For the young, the best way to make their own statement is to ride around on a 61 rwhp grannybike painted black. For the fresh cool factor, how ‘bout a skull helmet and a “born to be wild” sticker? Its good to be home. Brilliant. The youngsters must be dropping a lot of acid to get this one.

- cruiz-euro

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.