Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Too bad.

A fellow made an interesting point on another thread about the dealerships needing a super strong sales rate to meet their expenses. In Broward County Rossmeyer went from one "modern" large dealership to three. The original store in the center of the county did great. Then he opened a huge downtown store, which took a lot of business from the first place. There was enough growth though that both did ok. Recently they opened a third, huge store way out West, which according to my friends are totally dead. I was by the original store two weekends ago talking to my Finance Manager friend, and he said it's just as dead as a doornail sales-wise.
Lots of foolish business decisions all around. HD (and BMW) got onto this kick where they demanded that their dealers become snob-appeal stores. Now with the credit crunch and plummeting sales of the overpriced lines from the USA and Germany a lot of these dealers with huge operating costs are going to be suc*ing hind tit. More than a few are going to go under. What do the HD and BMW corporate boys care? They've got their golden parachutes.

I bet that the dollar problems are going to hammer BMW and KTM something fierce. Who will be willing to pay $17k for a basic R1200R? Hardly anyone.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Bingo.

It's an industry wide down turn. HD and BMW, Ducati etc are going to be hurt more because they try to cater to an "exclusive" market. The Japanese probably won't fall as far because they have a much more diversified product line in Watercraft, ATV's, Generators, Dirt Bikes as well as cruisers and sport bikes with more low dollar offerings in each catagory.

No doubt the whole recreational vehicle industry will take a hit from high end bikes to RV's to boats and everything else. When the economy cools discretionary spending is the first to stop. Harley has set themselves up for a double shot because their target demographic is aging as well. I don't know how many younger people are going to pony up for whats percieved as dads bike in the first place when the Asian manufacturers are offering more performance and better percieved quality at a lower price, specially for used bikes.
The local RV/5thwheel dealerships are already crying and moaning.

I find it very difficult to have a lot of sympathy. Everyone of these guys charged top dollar and soaked the buyers for over MSRP premiums when things were fat. Now they'll want us to feel sorry for them. Not a chance.

$2k for Evo basket cases sometime soon!

BTW, you misspelled "perceived". Don't let it happen again.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Fat Freddie's Cat sez:

Fat Freddie sez...... "Dope will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no dope"
"Just wait til Freddie puts his headphones on."

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Ha!

"This is the purest, most powerful rocket fuel anywhere in the universe!"

I was telling my 9 year son old about Fat Freddie's Cat. Shame I don't have those anymore...then again, maybe it's a good thing!
My wife gave me original Freak Brothers comix for Xmas a few years back. They are currently carefully stored away along with my 1970-71 National Lampoons. You know. When National Lampoon was still funny.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Seven dwarfs (sic)..

ksteamer I think was one of them, then there was the seven dwarfs phase......guys flippin' banana ramas
... was that brilliant idea that ZRXButtock thought was so funny. Too bad there weren't seven. sort of blows the whole idea. Heh heh. I used the words "blows" and "ZRXButtock" in the same paragraph.

You remember Buttock? The guy who thought that calling someone "stupid" was an ultimate insult. Another idiot who thought that Kook was a political genius. I wonder how long that whining punk would last in the the gun tub of PB39. Probably shyt his pants and fake some purple hearts like his favorite politician.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
I don't envy....

I took the Yamaha out for a ride yesterday and I couldn't tell if it was smoking or not.
... you one bit. Your neighborhood is going to stink like hell for weeks. Since it never rains there it might be months! Maybe you should fleece God out of a rainstorm or two.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Yeah.

The locals here are so far ahead of the Gov't. Qualcomm stadium was actually turning away donations because so many people brought in things for the victims. Of course Barbara Boxer took credit for all of it but it was all private donations.

Remember, San Diego isn't a lib hell-hole like the rest of CA.
I saw Boxer claiming that the firefighting gear wasn't available because it was in Iraq! LOL! What a liar. You can see why the congress's approval rating is below the idiot Bush's. Maybe Boxer can pull out her magic crystals and make it all better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts