Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
It's an industry wide down turn. HD and BMW, Ducati etc are going to be hurt more because they try to cater to an "exclusive" market. The Japanese probably won't fall as far because they have a much more diversified product line in Watercraft, ATV's, Generators, Dirt Bikes as well as cruisers and sport bikes with more low dollar offerings in each catagory.

No doubt the whole recreational vehicle industry will take a hit from high end bikes to RV's to boats and everything else. When the economy cools discretionary spending is the first to stop. Harley has set themselves up for a double shot because their target demographic is aging as well. I don't know how many younger people are going to pony up for whats percieved as dads bike in the first place when the Asian manufacturers are offering more performance and better percieved quality at a lower price, specially for used bikes.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Especially now when the run-of-the mill V-Rod was a disappointment.

- cruiz-euro
I don't think it's a disapointment so much as not finding a niche. It's an excellent motor and harleys future. My personal view is that the frame is wrong for it. It works as a custom and handled good as the Street Rod but the look was off. I think once they learn how to integrate that engine throughout the line up it'll take off.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
I rode an original Vrod and a Street rod and thought the Street Rod was the cats pajama's, I just didn't want to spend $17k so I got my Superglide for $11..

I think once they get that engine in a bagger they'll sell like doughnuts at the Policemans Ball.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Downtown HD in Tukwila built one a couple of years ago, looked like the future, excellent bike.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Fat Freddie sez...... "Dope will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no dope"

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
ah yes, the ol' punkerpan bipods and cheech wizard and the funniest headline ever..

"Necro-perv hat held in public body-bop"

you don't even have to be stoned to crack up LOL

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
ksteamer I think was one of them, then there was the seven dwarfs phase......guys flippin' banana ramas

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
I won't fleece God. I'll fleece a neighboring state like Washington. Easy pickins there if you know what I mean.
Why, step right up son, we'll be happy to sell you all the rain you need!!!

Will that be interminable drizzle?....

Your standard PNW "Scattered showers" perhaps?........

A 3 or 4 week steady rain, including obligatory "salmon swimming in the street" newscast, complete with KIRO 7 reporter in bangin' logo'd rain togs from REI...?

Or perhaps our special "Jeezus Christ, when did we move to Rangoon, Monsoon" ??? complete with flooded river valleys and up to 3 feet of water in low lieing areas?

Go ahead and take a moment to decide son, this fine young sap...er...gentleman from Utah has some questions...

Yes boy, what can I do for you?....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.