Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,113 Posts
A fellow made an interesting point on another thread about the dealerships needing a super strong sales rate to meet their expenses. In Broward County Rossmeyer went from one "modern" large dealership to three. The original store in the center of the county did great. Then he opened a huge downtown store, which took a lot of business from the first place. There was enough growth though that both did ok. Recently they opened a third, huge store way out West, which according to my friends are totally dead. I was by the original store two weekends ago talking to my Finance Manager friend, and he said it's just as dead as a doornail sales-wise.

·
Registered
7,113 Posts
The Bob Davis article had some remarks about the rabid competition and loyalties of the Indian versus HD era. It got me to thinking how different the US motorcycle manufacturing scene might be today if Indian had survived. Clearly it was a mixed blessing for HD to have a virtual monopoly on domestic bikes for 50 years. Yes, they "owned" the market and became an icon, but it's only this year they came out with a "superbike." I'll bet if Indian had been kicking their @ss at Daytona from time to time, they would have advanced their product line a lot sooner. Just idle thought really...what might have been.

BTW: sometimes I visit C-World. Reading KPAULSQUIDCOOKAVENGER posts is like having your skin sandblasted off an inch at a time. If you're feeling masochistic, wander over sometime.

·
Registered
7,113 Posts
Carterville Harley had one of those in 2005. Pretty nice up close. I believe they replace the entire ftont end with a FL set-up.
I was reading the article, and the kit is pretty much a bolt-on deal. You must change the pipes to accomdate the bags, and a change to a smaller diameter front wheel is stongly recommended. I didn't see anything about a fork/front end changeout.

It's a wonder with all the bytchin and moanin about the heat on the recent Ultras HD hasn't pursued a water cooled touring bike yet. Then again, look how long it took them to come up the VRod at all...

·
Registered
7,113 Posts
I think the CW guys are just about fed up with him, now.
I clicked over to CW to see what's new, clicked on Forums, and found this gem. How is Mr. Edwards able to manage getting up and dressing himself in the morning without KPAULSQUIDCOOKAVENGER? Sweet Jesus.

"Recently Mr. Edwards told me (to my suprise) that CW's continued and main focus will be it's print publication. I submit that this is a foolish strategy that is extremely short sight-sighted. CW should at once put all of it's efforts in improving it's web content.
1. More Daily Motorcycle News
2. An RSS feed.
3. More videos
4. Hire more women motojournalists like Susan Carpenter of the LA Times.
5. Create a cycle world wikizine for folks to add motorcycle content

If you still think I am wrong about this strategy please Watch this video

Message Edited by kavenger on 10-24-2007"

·
Registered
7,113 Posts
The conversion is OK, but I would like an integrated touring package that is a full-blown 2 up tourer. Harley can do it, but I'm not sure they will take the leap. If they made a Rod-Glide I'm telling ya I would buy it tomorrow.
Absolutely, there is no substitute for a purpose built platform. The VROD was certainly never intended to serve as a long distance touring machine. No doubt a proper frame, suspension, and bodywork with the VROD would be a very cool HD!

·
Registered
7,113 Posts
Nice time to have a water shortage. I don't think the storm drains are going to do real well once everybody starts cleaning up.
Having weathered (pun intended) three major natural disasters, I can tell you the cleanup is by far the worst part. It took over two years before South Dade county started to look normal again after Andrew. There are still blue tarps from '04 and '05 on a lot of houses up and down FL.

Not to worry though, Dubya has promised they aren't going to f'up your recovery nearly as bad as they did after Katrina.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.