Motorcycle Forums banner
21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
I rode an original Vrod and a Street rod and thought the Street Rod was the cats pajama's, I just didn't want to spend $17k so I got my Superglide for $11..

I think once they get that engine in a bagger they'll sell like doughnuts at the Policemans Ball.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
I rode an original Vrod and a Street rod and thought the Street Rod was the cats pajama's, I just didn't want to spend $17k so I got my Superglide for $11..

I think once they get that engine in a bagger they'll sell like doughnuts at the Policemans Ball.
I'm tellin ya that if they made a BaggerRod, I'd be all over it. I can't figure why they haven't done it yet. Maybe they know something we don't. :cool:

·
Snuggles
4,369 Posts
Wasn't the Vrod was suppose to be the next model line for HD? I thought they were planning a touring bike and a few other model variations.

The sales numbers can't be that bad for the Vrod line as I've been seeing more an more of them on the road.

·
MODERATOR X
5,447 Posts
I think Hawleys are exelint bikes. My neighboh haz one, and it's way cool with them big lowd pieps. I want one with an air horn that plays "wee bonney boat" over 'en over, real quick like.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Fat Freddie sez...... "Dope will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no dope"

·
Registered
7,113 Posts
Carterville Harley had one of those in 2005. Pretty nice up close. I believe they replace the entire ftont end with a FL set-up.
I was reading the article, and the kit is pretty much a bolt-on deal. You must change the pipes to accomdate the bags, and a change to a smaller diameter front wheel is stongly recommended. I didn't see anything about a fork/front end changeout.

It's a wonder with all the bytchin and moanin about the heat on the recent Ultras HD hasn't pursued a water cooled touring bike yet. Then again, look how long it took them to come up the VRod at all...

·
The Toad
17,449 Posts
Ha!

"This is the purest, most powerful rocket fuel anywhere in the universe!"

I was telling my 9 year son old about Fat Freddie's Cat. Shame I don't have those anymore...then again, maybe it's a good thing!
My wife gave me original Freak Brothers comix for Xmas a few years back. They are currently carefully stored away along with my 1970-71 National Lampoons. You know. When National Lampoon was still funny.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
ah yes, the ol' punkerpan bipods and cheech wizard and the funniest headline ever..

"Necro-perv hat held in public body-bop"

you don't even have to be stoned to crack up LOL

·
Registered
7,113 Posts
I think the CW guys are just about fed up with him, now.
I clicked over to CW to see what's new, clicked on Forums, and found this gem. How is Mr. Edwards able to manage getting up and dressing himself in the morning without KPAULSQUIDCOOKAVENGER? Sweet Jesus.

"Recently Mr. Edwards told me (to my suprise) that CW's continued and main focus will be it's print publication. I submit that this is a foolish strategy that is extremely short sight-sighted. CW should at once put all of it's efforts in improving it's web content.
1. More Daily Motorcycle News
2. An RSS feed.
3. More videos
4. Hire more women motojournalists like Susan Carpenter of the LA Times.
5. Create a cycle world wikizine for folks to add motorcycle content

If you still think I am wrong about this strategy please Watch this video

Message Edited by kavenger on 10-24-2007"

21 - 40 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.