Motorcycle Forums banner
41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
I was reading the article, and the kit is pretty much a bolt-on deal. You must change the pipes to accomdate the bags, and a change to a smaller diameter front wheel is stongly recommended. I didn't see anything about a fork/front end changeout.

It's a wonder with all the bytchin and moanin about the heat on the recent Ultras HD hasn't pursued a water cooled touring bike yet. Then again, look how long it took them to come up the VRod at all...
The conversion is OK, but I would like an integrated touring package that is a full-blown 2 up tourer. Harley can do it, but I'm not sure they will take the leap. If they made a Rod-Glide I'm telling ya I would buy it tomorrow.

·
Registered
7,113 Posts
The conversion is OK, but I would like an integrated touring package that is a full-blown 2 up tourer. Harley can do it, but I'm not sure they will take the leap. If they made a Rod-Glide I'm telling ya I would buy it tomorrow.
Absolutely, there is no substitute for a purpose built platform. The VROD was certainly never intended to serve as a long distance touring machine. No doubt a proper frame, suspension, and bodywork with the VROD would be a very cool HD!

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
I clicked over to CW to see what's new, clicked on Forums, and found this gem. How is Mr. Edwards able to manage getting up and dressing himself in the morning without KPAULSQUIDCOOKAVENGER? Sweet Jesus.

"Recently Mr. Edwards told me (to my suprise) that CW's continued and main focus will be it's print publication. I submit that this is a foolish strategy that is extremely short sight-sighted. CW should at once put all of it's efforts in improving it's web content.
1. More Daily Motorcycle News
2. An RSS feed.
3. More videos
4. Hire more women motojournalists like Susan Carpenter of the LA Times.
5. Create a cycle world wikizine for folks to add motorcycle content

If you still think I am wrong about this strategy please Watch this video

Message Edited by kavenger on 10-24-2007"
I did like the nickname of "KAGENDA"

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I wonder if the blast furnace heat much of the country had this summer depressed sales a tad? (AMO cool phase, La Nina ramping up with PDO in cool phase - just like 49, 50 & 54) Also seems like there are a LOT of HD stores - maybe too many?

I'd not short sell 'em just yet - was up in N GA and W NC last weekend with SWMBO - I think I had the only non-HD on the road - almost.

Just for yucks, I've been a watching our fav fool over at CW, too. SOSO. Over there I'm known as DashRiprock, but I'm no more active there than here - job change back in April has me hoppin' like a one legged man at an a$$ kicking contest - BUT they are nice and pay well, so OK!

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
well feed me a crap sammich

AMO is at or just past peak of WARM phase.

I'm going to go sit in the corner now. After all, I have a nice new Salamander rack for the audio gear to assemble this evening.

Sweet.

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
It was this kind of "Kbullying" that made me leave
Does anyone remember their "knames"? I kthink one of mine was "ksparrow". Or ksomething like that........

·
The Toad
17,449 Posts
Seven dwarfs (sic)..

ksteamer I think was one of them, then there was the seven dwarfs phase......guys flippin' banana ramas
... was that brilliant idea that ZRXButtock thought was so funny. Too bad there weren't seven. sort of blows the whole idea. Heh heh. I used the words "blows" and "ZRXButtock" in the same paragraph.

You remember Buttock? The guy who thought that calling someone "stupid" was an ultimate insult. Another idiot who thought that Kook was a political genius. I wonder how long that whining punk would last in the the gun tub of PB39. Probably shyt his pants and fake some purple hearts like his favorite politician.

·
Registered
10,900 Posts
... was that brilliant idea that ZRXButtock thought was so funny. Too bad there weren't seven. sort of blows the whole idea. Heh heh. I used the words "blows" and "ZRXButtock" in the same paragraph.

You remember Buttock? The guy who thought that calling someone "stupid" was an ultimate insult. Another idiot who thought that Kook was a political genius. I wonder how long that whining punk would last in the the gun tub of PB39. Probably shyt his pants and fake some purple hearts like his favorite politician.
I notice you're riding a ZRX these days.......

41 - 60 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.