Motorcycle Forums banner
61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
The Toad
17,449 Posts
I don't envy....

I took the Yamaha out for a ride yesterday and I couldn't tell if it was smoking or not.
... you one bit. Your neighborhood is going to stink like hell for weeks. Since it never rains there it might be months! Maybe you should fleece God out of a rainstorm or two.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
I won't fleece God. I'll fleece a neighboring state like Washington. Easy pickins there if you know what I mean.
Why, step right up son, we'll be happy to sell you all the rain you need!!!

Will that be interminable drizzle?....

Your standard PNW "Scattered showers" perhaps?........

A 3 or 4 week steady rain, including obligatory "salmon swimming in the street" newscast, complete with KIRO 7 reporter in bangin' logo'd rain togs from REI...?

Or perhaps our special "Jeezus Christ, when did we move to Rangoon, Monsoon" ??? complete with flooded river valleys and up to 3 feet of water in low lieing areas?

Go ahead and take a moment to decide son, this fine young sap...er...gentleman from Utah has some questions...

Yes boy, what can I do for you?....

·
Registered
7,113 Posts
Nice time to have a water shortage. I don't think the storm drains are going to do real well once everybody starts cleaning up.
Having weathered (pun intended) three major natural disasters, I can tell you the cleanup is by far the worst part. It took over two years before South Dade county started to look normal again after Andrew. There are still blue tarps from '04 and '05 on a lot of houses up and down FL.

Not to worry though, Dubya has promised they aren't going to f'up your recovery nearly as bad as they did after Katrina.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Having weathered (pun intended) three major natural disasters, I can tell you the cleanup is by far the worst part. It took over two years before South Dade county started to look normal again after Andrew. There are still blue tarps from '04 and '05 on a lot of houses up and down FL.

Not to worry though, Dubya has promised they aren't going to f'up your recovery nearly as bad as they did after Katrina.
Looks like they already fuggered the fire part. Think they can blame Bush somehow?? LOL

Comcast.net News - National - As Calif. Fires Burned, Copters Grounded

·
The Toad
17,449 Posts

·
Registered
10,900 Posts
They think they got problems now just wait 'til FEMA starts "helping". Maybe the bureaucrats can turn San Diego into a crime hellhole like they did Houston.
The locals here are so far ahead of the Gov't. Qualcomm stadium was actually turning away donations because so many people brought in things for the victims. Of course Barbara Boxer took credit for all of it but it was all private donations.

Remember, San Diego isn't a lib hell-hole like the rest of CA.

·
The Toad
17,449 Posts
Yeah.

The locals here are so far ahead of the Gov't. Qualcomm stadium was actually turning away donations because so many people brought in things for the victims. Of course Barbara Boxer took credit for all of it but it was all private donations.

Remember, San Diego isn't a lib hell-hole like the rest of CA.
I saw Boxer claiming that the firefighting gear wasn't available because it was in Iraq! LOL! What a liar. You can see why the congress's approval rating is below the idiot Bush's. Maybe Boxer can pull out her magic crystals and make it all better.

61 - 78 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.