Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
"Think about it."

I did. Harley once owned the motorcycle industry in the US. Then they got bought out because of sagging sales. Then they almost went under altogether. Now they own the majority share of the US MC industry again, and sell more bikes than the Japanese and Euro brands put together sans Honda.

Think about it.
Honda is a motorcycle company?

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Really? Hows that........

To be honest a couple years back they made a bike i liked 883R i think? it had a flat seat (almost like the triumph bonnie seat) and i want to say came in brown/tan two tone. Beautiful.
Google Storz and Zipper performance.

If you just buy an 883 and put the 1200 jugs and pistons on it you get a higher compression ratio than the 1200 and a little more HP. It also has slightly lower gearing making it a quicker street bike.

I'd get the older 883 without the rubber mounted engine. Sportster vibration doesn't bother me and you save about 50lbs that way.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
I wonder if one could transplant a Buell 1200 from the old steel framed ones to a Sporty.
Possibly, but earlier Buells weren't noted for reliability. It'd be safer and probably less expensive to modify an 883.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Gonna do a little whale watching this afternoon.

It's a lovely 77 degree Santa Ana day. We've got grays, minkes and finbacks flopping around just a couple miles off the coast.
I've got a friend on a submarine. What's your boat's ID# ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts