Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
Life ain't fair. I mean, look at the Cadillac. Once they had the brand worth more than all the Japanese brands put together. They got complacent and thought if it aint broke why fix it. Good brand, good concept, even if the average age of the buyer was rising all the time.

Look at them now. They've fallen so far back technically that its almost farcical. Can they survive? I hope so.

So what's this got to do with this flat black 2009 worster you ask. Think about it.

- cruiz-euro
The new Cadillac CTS-V is 500 hp.

I can't imagine you'd be too far behind anything if you were driving it. Of course, you could even drop a 4 wheeled vehicle.

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
Big bore is as simple as taking the top end apart, have the cylinders bored to 1200 cc(need a shop to do that part), get 1200cc pistons and rings, reassemble. Easy and cheap. Those Storz pipes are only for the 2004 or newer Sporty, not the older ones we were talking about, so keep that in mind. The cool part is that if you CAN ride it and do the mods a little at a time if you plan right. Downtime would be minimum, and you can do as many modifications as your checkbook allows. I would do the same with mine. The key to any project is to figure out exactly what you want to end up with at the end. That will eliminate costly mistakes, especially with engine modifications.
Which bucket of parts in your garage are you planning on riding today? ;-)

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
Heh heh. "Bucket of parts" comment from a boat owner. Heh heh.
Gonna do a little whale watching this afternoon.

It's a lovely 77 degree Santa Ana day. We've got grays, minkes and finbacks flopping around just a couple miles off the coast.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts