Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
Yea, I know, just keeping tabs on the defensive ones around here.

BTW, that new 96 inch motor & 6 speed gear box is killing the used market in N. Cal. It was already flooded. Saw an 06 roadglide at the dealer marked to $16,500++

I may have to flinch

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
I like the Road Glide. The steering is much lighter than the geezer without the weight of the fairing on the bars.

I think H-D re-angled the fairing in '04 so it's not so Jimmy Durante-looking anymore.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Well, at least Harley puts these warnings out every now and again to let all the people that actually want to RIDE know which areas to avoid.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Harley-Davidson Motor Company, the only major U.S.-based motorcycle manufacturer, produces *heavyweight motorcycles*.....

why advertise the fact that the motorcycles are heavy ? would riders not prefer lighter bikes ...not smaller just lighter ? ...

btw do cannondale still exist? i thought they were trying to make some high tech motocrossers a couple of years ago?

·
Registered
780 Posts
"would riders not prefer lighter bikes "

Nope. I found heavier bikes to be more comfortable as they do not react as much to bumps and other road imperfections, and they seem a lot more stable in crosswinds.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I can just smell the rice burning over here.

When you do get your head out your ass and check odometer readings you’ll see the average Harley rider puts on a lot more miles than a ricer. I ride 12 months out the year and the only bikes other than Harleys on the road all year round, are a couple of Beemers and Goldwings.

Ricers are fair weather sissies that normally ride no further than to the dairy queen and back. Dressing like a power ranger doesn’t make for a real biker.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.