1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Banned
174 Posts
I am in love.. Finally.. Oh Boy .... Love it Love it.:-D

·
Snuggles
4,369 Posts
Well, the wheelbase increased by 2.5 inches.

OK, so it looks like they built a "proper" engine. I am sure the sales will now sky rocket. Any day now.

Sarcasm aside, I love new models being introduced. Always get a kick out of it.

·
Banned
174 Posts
I got a note that that MCN was going to be the exclusive premier site for a new bike on Monday. I didn't expect Buell and now a leak.. I couldn't find anything on the Buell or MCNs site.. Hope it's not a hoax
the bike looks real enough and different than the average Firebolt. Now with the Ducati backed increase in displacement a done deal in WSBK and I am sure AMA will follow.. Buell will have a great chance in racing.. I hope it won't be $15,000 though.. Christmas in July :)

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Garsh...a new motor for Buell?

..does this mean that (gasp) the head honchos at HD have finally given up on that 45 degree pushrod lump that we all love to hate?

Sounds *****in...they will sell every one made I bet.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Well, I guess we all got that "real" American sport bike we've all be carping about. Good for them (and H-D) and let's hope they price it reasonably and that they sell enough. Now, time to watch the vid.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Yup I went to check on MCN as well. Saw a nice Cat and Fiddle video...Never there, never done it, got the T shirt. Try State Route 58 in northern NY. Early this could show up in other models would be 08. Imagine....

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Well, must say it looks pretty good (as it should since it's a promotional video). Styling looks fairly distinctive; it looks like a Buell; maybe the headlight treatment and top fairing looks a bit too CBR/R1/1098, but that's a small thing. Speaking of which, the top fairing looks pretty wide (guess that's the aero/rider comfort thing in the vid), a bit of XBRR, but the profile looks intriguing, if a bit weird. I consider that an overall good thing.

Specs are right in line with the top competition (in other words, total overkill for a street bike); that puts them right in the ballpark.

Gotta think we could see a factory racing effort in WSBK from Buell/H-D or AMA if they follow suit with the 1200cc twin limit.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
You bet

Well, the wheelbase increased by 2.5 inches.

OK, so it looks like they built a "proper" engine. I am sure the sales will now sky rocket. Any day now.

Sarcasm aside, I love new models being introduced. Always get a kick out of it.
All those loudmouths are going to sell their Yamkawsuzonda CBZXKZYZs and bbuy Buells now like they said they would.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
WTF happened to the link?

What happned to the link? The video got deleted? Now no one will believe me!

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
This a an awesome time to be a motorcyclist! Anything seems possible... There may have been a comparable time in the sport, but I suspect you'd have to go back a long time to find it.
You're right, man. We are reduced to complaining about the most nit-picky shyt. All those people who were whining about the air-cooled Buells would have given their right nut to have one 20 years ago. There's never been a better selection of reliable and well performing machines in all categories.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Looks like the Buell/H-D Gestapo got to the "insurgents." It must suck when they've kept this thing under wraps for so long only to have it leaked one day before the official unveiling.

A few more details I've picked up: The motor is definitely a Rotax collaboration. Twin radiators under the side shrouds with air routed through the scoops. Still belt drive, left side (nice), and supposedly the motor is capable of big power but is in a milder state of tune due to emissions (bet there will be a race kit). No oil in swingarm for obvious reasons. Test riders love the bike.

That is all for now.

·
Banned
174 Posts
Monday is the day read this...
"At 9am Monday morning we'll bring you the world's first video and pictures of the most exciting sports bike we've seen since the Ducati 1098. Sadly we can't say what it is yet as we're under a strict legal agreement to bring it to you on Monday morning, but rest assured we'll bring you first look at the most exciting V-twin motorcycle of the year.Read More :D

·
Banned
174 Posts
He's not the only one.. ;)

·
Banned
174 Posts
Funny just got a note back from a online site editor who told me I was dreaming. Good thing Edwards took me seriously and snagged the pictures shortly after I sent him the site.. Good find tomk..

1 - 20 of 91 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.