Motorcycle Forums banner
81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
I fear that the extreme faithful will hate this bike. You know the same bunch that calls the VRod a Honda-Davidson because it is water cooled.
Unless HD can get some kind of strange emissions exemption they will probably have to go to water cooling someday. Oh how the traditionalists will wail then.
I don't own a Harley but they do look like nice bikes for a cruiser. I would pick a Road King now that the DynaSport is no more. Like the bikes hate the tude of some owners.

·
Registered
11,491 Posts
I fear that the extreme faithful will hate this bike. You know the same bunch that calls the VRod a Honda-Davidson because it is water cooled.
Unless HD can get some kind of strange emissions exemption they will probably have to go to water cooling someday. Oh how the traditionalists will wail then.
I don't own a Harley but they do look like nice bikes for a cruiser. I would pick a Road King now that the DynaSport is no more. Like the bikes hate the tude of some owners.
The "Extreme Faithful" already detest and revile Buell, and call them "Not-harleys". There are those that will insist, kicking and spitting - that the "Buell Motor" is NOT a "Sportster Motor", nor even related to the Sportster, nor anything LIKE a Sportster.......

Hataz abound everywhere.

I poke fun at Harley and Buell, just because I like doing-so. Not because I hate 'em. It's just amusing to me to see The Faithful defending Harley against anyone who would besmirch its good name, as if they were Muslims stoning a man for writing "Allah" on the bottom of his shoes and walking around Ramallah............

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
You see I just don't get it. I like all bikes. There are really no bad bikes anymore. I really hate it when I see a HD rider that will not wave. It is just sad.
Who cares who waves? I can't figure out why it bothers people so much. I've seen guys on ALL bikes that don't wave. Big deal. usually give people a wave, and sometimes I don't. If people don't wave back, I don't really care.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Actually, the question I was asking was how many of the detractors who said that Buell needed a "proper" engine (that stupid term again) are going to actually buy one? You know, the ones who said, "Oh yes, I'd love to buy an American sportbike." My guess is next to none. Especially since even though the bike hasn't been ridden by anyone outside of the factory yet, they are already complaining that it is "down on power" compared to the Big4 cookie cutteurs. Any excuse to continue to whine that the Buell is not a "real" sportbike will be resorted to by the usual suspects.
My next bike will most likely be a Buell now. I wasn't in on the 'Buell wars', but I do know that they've had EVERYTHING I've wanted except for engine. It's been the 'dog turd in the wedding cake' that frustrated me beyond belief.

·
Registered
16 Posts
No, the argument has always been that a new engine will not increase sales drastically enough. If this thing charts in at the mid 130's people will still claim it is down on power and "that's why I didn't buy one".

The argument was that Buell should not try to compete with the big four as it is not a money making venture.
This thing doesn't compete with the I-4 race replicas. It's still a V-Twin, it's gunning for Duc and Aprilia.

81 - 91 of 91 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.