Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
This might be a silly sounding story thats not. I remember seeing some little one-man gyrpcopters flying around at a local airfield one day twenty years ago. They were unbelievably quick in three dimensions. The guy would be near ground level, then a little speck way up there, then do an almost 90 deg turn up, down or sideways.

This bike concept wouldnt be nearly as manueverable but it would still add a 3rd dimension to one's riding experience. A 3rd dimension that, even at modest speeds, makes a Hayabusha seem like a riding lawnmower.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Would your insurance premium rise if you have a habit of having your gym bag fly off the back seat? Normally it's just the cursing driver behind me that I have to worry about. Something tells me the Flight Kit propeller and my insurer won't be nearly as forgiving if that were to happen at 1000 ft altitude.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Can't get the site to load right now for some reason. Probably too much MOron traffic.

Reminds me of a the guys who, in 1973, mounted a Rogallo wing to a CR250. They were jumping/gliding over 300 feet with the thing.

They said they were going to attach a prop to it and cruise around over the Snake River Canyon while Evil Knievel launched his rocket wagon.

Anybody else remember that, or am I hallucinating?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Did you see that documentary of the guy who flew with those bird for over a thousand miles? Did you see that documentary of the guy who flew with those bird for over a thousand miles? -Just kidding!!! Looks like an aparent suicide mission!

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Yes, and I still have the Dirt Bike magazine that ran the article.

They broke every jumping record one windy day at El Mirage dry lake.

Looked like a big hang glider.

·
Registered
64 Posts
An Italian company offers a hang glider wing and airscrew to attach to an inflatable dinghy and make - literally- a flying boat. There was an accident reported in the boating press in which the pilot (boater?) died,falling out of the sky. That cooled a lot of boater's ardor for that contraption. As far as the flying scooter goes, my commute looks very unlike a wide desert salt pan so I will probably remain grounded, in this case.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.