Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Step 1. Don't read Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance.

Step 2. Get two one gallon plastic milk containers. Cut them into the shape of hand guards. Zip tie them to the handlebars.

Step 3. Enjoy wet and cold weather riding!

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Funny Good one.. kind of matches the milk case strapped on the back right?

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
My hands aren't that big. I use the 1/2 gallon size, and I buy the chocolate milk.

Doesn't have that pasty white look to it.

Been thinking about leaving a tab on the bottom when I cut them up, to attach to the bar end.

·
Registered
285 Posts
1. Do appropriate surgery to milk jug of proper size.

2. Check fitment and allignment to bars and mounting hardware (zip ties...)

3. Cover milky white or chocolately brown surfaces with silver or black duct tape, as matches finish on bike, thereby adding durability AND fashion to your ride.

(Most all of my "Field Expedient" repairs tend to last for a decade or so....)

Rob

·
Registered
20 Posts
Re: Go Old School!

Thumbs up on the Hippo hands. I used them for daily commuting in Seattle for two years through all sorts of slop and had no complaints. Best part is that you can pull them off and stow them when the weather turns nice.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Hey, thanks for pointing me to that - I had "admired" the DL handguards from afar, it's much easier walking into a dealer with part no's in-hand than the "pulling teeth" to get the local parts-yokel to look it up on his computer.

These fit the FJR with little problem, will prolly fit my FZ6 commuter with similar ease. (they look like it)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Re: Get Heated Grips

Got 'em already. But they're no help. However they do make it WARM and wet though!

Thanks for the suggestion. But you're dealing with a little princess who can't and won't put up with being uncomfortable.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.