Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I was a kid, if there was anything more beautiful than a candy-apple-red and chrome BSA, I can't remember what it was. And cafe' racers (Forget-About It!) I went nuts (Even the new Royal Enfields make me a little crazy).

They might not be much now, but back-in-the-day nothing (and I mean nothing) was more cool!

Enjoy the Kenny Dreer Norton, next year; they're beautiful, if you can afford the $20K!

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
From the looks of some in the pictures, they could not have even been a gleam in someone's eye when these bikes were new - and that is the best bike news I've seen in awhile!

I'll refrain from mentioning that the first bike bike I ever saw in person was an Ariel SQ 4 - owned by a GA Power ee that was boarding with my great-aunt OR that the first "big" bike I ever rode was a Triumph 650. Nope, I won't mention that at all....

·
Registered
174 Posts
Sean - should I start saving the cash to buy the Keeny Dreer or you think you can scam one for free?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Bringing 'em stateside doesn't pay the bills - selling 'em does.

I liked 'em too but they were dust collectors on the sales floor.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I think that's more Martin's realm. He's the college professor.

I might see if I can strong-arm a few British old ladies though.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Axe to Grind?

Hey... I had to pay to feed that pig of an MV Agusta for a couple different tests! I'm not touching your new Norton, unless it gets significantly better fuel mileage.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I gotta agree with both of you...

...I think everyone (like us) liked the W650 because we appreciated how authentic it really is. Unfortunately when enthusiasts looked around at retro-bikes, they probably saw the Kenny Roberts KZ and the Triumph Bonnie. And as a first bike, the W650 didn’t have enough showroom-appeal for the first-time buyers. So, in both cases, it ended up sucking-hind-tit.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Re: Axe to Grind?

I'll disconnect one of the plug leads so it only runs on one cylinder.

A one cylinder Norton has got to be worth a free lunch at Texas Lil's.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
How could anyone possibly disprove Global Warming? I mean to prove that there wasn't global warming, you'd have to prove that there wasn't an Ice Age. What ended the Ice Age?

Global Warming (and Cooling) has been around since long-before single celled organisms were a glint in the creator's eye.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Axe to Grind?

Yeah...But, you knew the right people, you could leave the Norton out-side a diner, and who knows...it might end-up back in your garage (for a nominal fee and (of course) your solomn-promise to post our next 5 articles LOL).

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.