Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Being an anti-union advocate probably won't do me any good in this tread, so I will only engage this once. Unions in this country have taken the roll of imposing (or forcing) companies to do things that are not good for business. If the teamsters would allow the "free market" to work freely without influence then you wouldn't see job cuts by the thousands. Look at GM and Ford as the example in this. They have made it near impossible to hire entry level production workers without spending near $20 an hour as the wage. When you look at pension plans (That are designed by employers. Then redesign by the union) the pension would ultimately run a profitable business into the qround. As much as liberals and unions hate the "evil Wal-Mart" fact is they run a company that is profitable because unions haven't ruined it. As soon as unions get their foot in the door at Wal-Mart expect prices of ALL goods to go up significantly (as much as 25% in some cases). Unions used to be there to protect the worker from wrong doing from employers. Now, they impose rules to the employer. Remember this if you remember anything at all. When you work for any company you are hired as an employee. When you join a union the union believes you work for them first- not the employer. It's the employers job to give. The employer should have the right to hire and fire based on the performance of the employee. If you are part of a union and your performance sucks then the employer can't simply fire you. Why is this important? Because your lousy performance is now costing everyone that buys a product from your employer to pay higher prices because you suck at your job and the employer can't go out and replace you with someone that doesn't suck.

End Thread

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Bad management take cues from all around and setting aside the fact that both companies (Ford and GM) are trying (in vane) to correct the ship- the unions will not bend from what they believe is the standard. The standard they set in the first place. As far as executives are concern- they made it to the top of the ranks by being smarter than those before them. They earned it, they paid the price in an earlier life to get to where they are at. Anything that is said to disparage that is smply wealth envy. We all want the money but some spout names at those that get it. I make $60k a year and aspire for $250k a year. Am I mad at those that make more? No. I want more and will aspire to be those that make it. I will EARN my way, but not on the backs of those that believe they deserve it simply because the unions set up a system that allows an employee to think that the job they hold (the employers job) is theirs or the unions not the employers. If you're not smart enough to advance in life then why do you think that your job should be protected because of your own ignorance? If you settle you will loose. Always reach for the next rung or be left behind.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.