Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Congrats to HD. They've got a niche and they know how to sell. I see they consider themselves "only MAJOR U.S.-based motorcycle manufacturer". If MAJOR means the biggest, I guess so.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
I hope this keeps all those whiners (stock holders) in check now. The dummies were complaining in the first quarter of '05 when HD decided to cut back on bikes and the stock took a shock. Now the company is doing better than projected (which I predicted in a post on this very site when all hell broke loose earlier this year). People freaked out for no reason - going so far as to try to start a class action legal debacle and look at HD now. Hope those people are eating crow.

·
Registered
85 Posts
It is interesting to contrast HD with General Motors. Twenty years ago, who would have taken a job at HD over a job at GM? HD has done a great job cultivating their brand's image and a good job designing motorcycles. Meanwhile, GM has fallen so far behind the competition.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.