Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Don’t hold your breath. Considering that this guy is retiring at 65, the way I figure it, the sporty engine has about another decade before they put it out to pasture.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Considering that this guy is retiring at 65, the way I figure it, the sporty engine has about another decade before they put it out to pasture.

I don't know what this means. I'm not looking to start a fight, but what's your reasoning here?

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
The Sportster engine is about 45yrs old, so I think he's (1/2 jokingly) implying that if Harley retires things after 65, then the Buells must have another 20 years to go, before expecting an engine replacement. -Sean

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
"Under Bleustein's leadership, Harley-Davidson's annual revenues grew from $1.5 billion in 1996 to $4.6 billion in 2003"

That'd be .6 billion in motorcycle sales and 4billion in chrome dice tire valve stem caps, genuine certified HD assless chaps, and "forward" foot control conversion to make the few bikes they make that might be comfortable to ride into idiotic looking torture racks like the rest of their line. VWW

·
Registered
243 Posts
Re: Real Sportbike?

Buell has several great sportbikes, just needs to work on the powerplant.

I'd be satisfied with just cleaning up the current one more, but then again, I love that bike's torque...

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
No argument from me on the sport bike comfortability issue, however in my mind taking a bike with a standard riding position and screwing in up by putting forward controls on it is as stupid as those lowriders you used to see with 12" wheels on their full sized GM cars. It does offer a different look at the cost of comfort and safety. VWW

·
Registered
9 Posts
Here in Fort Worth, I see a lot of full size trucks that have been lowered to the point of scraping vital bits at every intersection. Why would you do that to a truck? That's like taking an 1150 GS or Tiger and lowering it a good 4 inches--hey what did I just say? This could be the NEXT THING!! Gotta zip over to the advrider forum and start a new thread :)

·
Registered
466 Posts
why can't buell have it both ways

i think they need is what automakers call a flagship model...don't get me wrong i love their naked/standards but wouldn't it be nice for them to have an uber fast racetrack/streetbike...

why can't buell have both the torquey, air cooled standards and a sportbike with a water cooled modern engine.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Re: Lower Trucks

'Dropping' and 'slamming' as it is called is currently hot in the show truck circuit, therefore copied by many who want to believe they have a show worthy truck.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Re: why can't buell have it both ways

Now that I could dig! (One of each maybe...)

·
Registered
32 Posts
How bout a V-rod engine in a Buell?

Sounds like that would be a grand slam!

Maybe with a new CEO at the helm this could become a reality.

Of course it would probably be so expensive no sportbiker would shell out that kind of dough.

I guess I just have to wait til the Yamaha MT-01 comes to the states.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.