Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They should spend less time and resources on cleaning products and FINALLY issue a recall on their now infamous cam bearing fiasco.

One of these days someone is going to get killed by it! If it has not happened already.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Since rubbies like longride and Buzglyd spend more time polishing their steeds than riding them it only makes sense that HD should try to cash in with their own line of relabelled overpriced products you can buy at Wal-Mart.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Harley products cleaning a Vulcan?? Blasphemy! Heresy! "The Passion" will have less controversy than this despicable display! I have to consult with the Gray PonyTailed Brotherhood about a possible boycott of MO. Heads will roll!

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Re: Scandalous !

Having Ms.Kimmie out scrubing bikes in this weather, you should be ashamed. 33' and foggy riding in this morning, had to scrape ice off my faceshield a few times but my new D220's stick well, and my JR ballistic 4.0 keeps me toasty

This set looks like a good group of products if you want to spend money, I go the Simple Green-Maguires soap-Dish rag-empty Costco soap bucket route myself. The best wax I've found is Zymol, but I guess if you want to be a company man you'll have the Official Factory Cleaning Set. The bucket seats a good idea, I usually wind up sitting on a garage couch cushion.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Triumph of Salt Lake, opening march 18th @ 215, North Redwood road, has your new Speed Triple ready and waiting, Sir.

I don't know if they use Harley Davidson cleaning products on it, I guess you could ask.

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
You'll never get the desired results using the products on a cheap imitation (troll, troll, troll).

I've used several of H-Ds cleaning products and find them to work quite well. They aren't as expensive if you buy them individually.That stupid bucket is a poser joke at $60.

Don't forget the S100. It is without a doubt the best motorcycle cleaning product ever.

·
Registered
373 Posts
eBass MCP

Well this proves it...eBass has to be a Male Chauvinist Pig to force Kimmi to clean the Vulcan! Sure eBass rode it; tested it; reviewed it; brought it back with road grime, beer stains and the like, but it's a woman that has to clean it? What's wrong with this picture?

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Re: Cam Bearing(s)

The most interesting point of that artical was that though failures drop off after the '99 & 00 model years, most '01 and newer engines haven't reach the critical milage zone yet, so whether or not the problem is confined to the earlier models is still an open question.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Oh no...

... I'm doomed now.

Actually, with '03 Speed Triples still sitting on showroom floors and '01's going for 6K I doubt I will pay list for a new one.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
You two...

...just get polishing. That's how you GPTB guys spend the time the rest of us spend riding.

Is the $65 suds bucket as comfortable as the seat on the GeezerGlide?

You could just get a 5 gal plastic wallboard mud bucket and stick an HD decal on it.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.