Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
It's awfully nice that these boots have oil-resistant soles to prevent you from slipping in the stoplight goo, since most of it is probably coming from the very Harley you're riding. And the very cushy interior for walking allows you to walk around the dealership while you're getting your oil changed, or while you're out shopping with the other flamers. That's so convenient of The Motor Company to take into account the ways these boots will be used. And I guess I'll just not worry about why Harley makes their boots a size too big. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the riders wanting to make their *ahem* feet look bigger...

Would I wear them? Absolutely not. I prefer the Power Ranger look of my Alpinestars, but to each his own.

"Remember: It's easier to do things the hard way" -- Chango

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
You actually wore this stuff in public? A photo shoot in the MO parking lot doesn't count. I actually like the flames on the arms of the jacket but the boots and the back of the jacket are way over the top.

Next time you cruiser guys laugh at us sport bike guys with our colorful leathers ( I wear all black by the way), I will make sure I pull EBass's pictures out of my ass.

Fracking hilarious. LOL best laugh i have all day... GPTB flamer wear LOL

·
Registered
209 Posts
What amuses me most when I see products like this is seeing the phrase "the Motor Company" juxtaposed with with them. Let's display some intellectual honesty here: Harley Davidson is the MARKETING Company. In this case, apparently targeted marketing aimed at the "alternative" lifestyle segment.

cdg

·
Registered
29 Posts
Re: Harley Davidson Flamer Wear

Damnit. I've owned Harleys for 13 years now. First one was a 1969 sporty. Every time the "motor" co. puts out something like this it makes it harder to ride one. It's hard to feel like you're riding a real bike when they send you a friggin clothing catalog every month, but haven't come out with a decent air cleaner for the new sporties two years after they were introduced.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
This is just the thing! As long as you are wearing a fullface helmet with dark faceshield.

Sean should model this stuff on one of those rigid choppers he likes so much.

·
Registered
295 Posts
This stuff is just flat embarrassing. I was considering purchasing a Harley. Now I'm not. Thank you for curing my temporary insanity. These products are proof of the dictum that "nobody ever went broke by underestimating the taste of the American public."

I know there are real motorcyclists who still ride Harleys. They wave to me. They put miles on their bikes. Unfortunately they are moving in to the minority.

When I recently went into the local Harley dealership, the salesman told me that if I bought a Harley, I would be a member of the club of Harley riders, where I could always find a friend or have someone stop to help me if I was broken down. Gee, I thought I already belonged to that club, it's called "motorcyclists."

Vlad

·
Registered
955 Posts
Howdy boys!

We’s havin our first Gay-Pride perade, down hear in Beckley W.V. and me and the Hole HOG Hillbilly Harley Riders and Dance Troop was wonderin if any a that stuff come in lime-green and pink. We was originelly gonna dress up as Gerbals, put minin helmets on and hold the perade in shaft #7 of the old Lost Sausage mine. Butt some a the guys got to breathin so hard just thinkin about it, they done passed out n we had ta give em all mouth ta mouth. Since we was holdin the meetin in the 1st Baptist church basement, we was all brought up on morals charges. Ain’t so bad. Slim Jim met hisself a right nice fella, in the pokie, and that pork gravy they serves in thar’s reall slippery, so a good time was had by all.

Anyway, sorry fer gittin of the subject, we’s thinkin we’d best change are image, so’s were thinkin about goin a bit more Butch, if ya know what I mean. And that Flamin Harley apparel sure looks fabulous. Does any a ya think we could git a descount, iffn we ordered in bulk?

And, oh yeah, Earl Humperbutt, from down Camp Creek way, was wonderin if mayby ya think Willie D. might be intrested in comin, too he he he…our perade, Earl thinks he’s kinda cute

·
Registered
43 Posts
The Jacket I can deal with but those boots! They are so ugly and cheap looking! Flames on boots are not a good idea. Arm flames are aslo questionable. These remind me of those infamous arm chaps.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.